Influencer Marketing as a Tool of Digital Consumer Engagement : A Systematic Literature Review
influencer Marketing, Social Media Influencers, Digital Marketing, Social Media, Literature Review.
Paper Submission Date : November 28, 2020 ; Paper Sent Back for Revision : February 9, 2021 ; Paper Acceptance Date : June 19, 2021 ; Paper Published Online : October 15, 2021.
- Abidin, C. (2015). Communicative intimacies: Influencers and perceived interconnectedness. Ada: A Journal of Gender, New Media & Technology, 8, 1–16. https://doi.org/10.7264/N3MW2FFG
- Abidin, C. (2016). Visibility labour : Engaging with influencers' fashion brands and #OOTD advertorial campaigns on Instagram. Media International Australia, 161(1), 86–100. https://doi.org/10.1177/1329878x16665177
- Agrawal, A. (2016, December 27). Why influencer marketing will explode in 2017. Forbes. https://www.forbes.com/sites/ajagrawal/2016/12/27/why-influencermarketing-will-explode-in-2017/
- Ahmad, I. (2018). The influencer marketing revolution [Infographic]. SocialMedia Today. https://www.socialmediatoday.com/news/the-influencer-marketing-revolution infographic/517146/
- Appelman, A., & Sundar, S. S. (2016). Measuring message credibility : Construction and validation of an exclusive scale. Journalism & Mass Communication Quarterly, 93(1), 59–79. https://doi.org/10.1177/1077699015606057
- Araujo, T., Neijens, P., & Vliegenthart, R. (2016). Getting the word out on Twitter : The role of influentials, information brokers and strong ties in building word-of-mouth for brands. International Journal of Advertising, 36(3), 496–513. https://doi.org/10.1080/02650487.2016.1173765
- Arora, T., Agarwal, B., & Kumar, A. (2018). A study of millennials's preferences for social media advertising in Delhi NCR. Indian Journal of Marketing, 48(10), 34–51. https://doi.org/10.17010/ijom/2018/v48/i10/132334
- Bailey, S. (2016). Performance anxiety in media culture: The trauma of appearance and the drama of disappearance. Springer.
- Banet-Weiser, S. (2012). AuthenticTM: The politics of ambivalence in a brand culture (Vol. 30). NYU Press.
- Blakley, J. (2013). Brands as publishers and how it's changing marketing [Blog]. http://www.postano.com/blog/brands-as-publishersand-how-its-changing-marketing
- Booth, N., & Matic, J. (2011). Mapping and leveraging influencers in social media to shape corporate brand perceptions. Corporate Communications: An International Journal, 16(3), 184–191. https://doi.org/10.1108/13563281111156853
- Christodoulides, G., Jevons, C., & Bonhomme, J. (2012). Memo to marketers : Quantitative evidence for change. Journal of Advertising Research, 52(1), 53–64. https://doi.org/10.2501/jar-52-1-053-064
- Christodoulides, G., Michaelidou, N., & Theofania Siamagka, N. (2013). A typology of internet users based on comparative affective states : Evidence from eight countries. European Journal of Marketing, 47(1/2), 153–173. https://doi.org/10.1108/03090561311285493
- Chu, S. - C., & Kim, Y. (2011). Determinants of consumer engagement in electronic word-of-mouth (eWOM) in social networking sites. International Journal of Advertising, 30(1), 47–75. https://doi.org/10.2501/ija-30-1-047-075
- Connors, J. (2013). The benefits of user-generated content [Blog]. http://raventools.com/blog/benefits-user-generated-content/
- Das, K. (2009). Relationship marketing research (1994 - 2006): An academic literature review. Marketing Intelligence & Planning, 27(3), 326–363. https://doi.org/10.1108/02634500910955236
- Daugherty, T., Eastin, M. S., & Bright, L. (2008). Exploring consumer motivations for creating user-generated content. Journal of Interactive Advertising, 8(2), 16–25. https://doi.org/10.1080/15252019.2008.10722139
- Freberg, K., Graham, K., McGaughey, K., & Freberg, L. (2011). Who are the social media influencers? A study of public perceptions of personality. Public Relations Review, 37(1), 90–92. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pubrev.2010.11.001
- Gurrieri, L., & Cherrier, H. (2013). Queering beauty: Fatshionistas in the fatosphere. Qualitative Market Research : An International Journal, 16(3), 276–295. https://doi.org/10.1108/13522751311326107
- Halvorsen, K., Hoffmann, J., Coste-Manière, I., & Stankeviciute, R. (2013). Can fashion blogs function as a marketing tool to influence consumer behavior? Evidence from Norway. Journal of Global Fashion Marketing, 4(3), 211–224. https://doi.org/10.1080/20932685.2013.790707
- Holsti, O. R. (1969). Content analysis for the social sciences and humanities. Addison-Wesley.
- Huang, L. - S., Chou, Y. - J., & Lin, C. - H. (2008). The influence of reading motives on the responses after reading blogs. CyberPsychology & Behavior, 11(3), 351–355. https://doi.org/10.1089/cpb.2007.0063
- Hudson, S., Huang, L., Roth, M. S., & Madden, T. J. (2016). The influence of social media interactions on consumer–brand relationships: A three-country study of brand perceptions and marketing behaviors. International Journal of Research in Marketing, 33(1), 27–41. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijresmar.2015.06.004
- Geyser, W. (2021, June 29). The state of influencer marketing 2019: Benchmark report. Influencer Marketing Hub. https://influencermarketinghub.com/influencer-marketing-2019-benchmark-report/
- Kaplan, A. M., & Haenlein, M. (2010). Users of the world, unite! The challenges and opportunities of social media. Business Horizons, 53(1), 59–68. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bushor.2009.09.003
- Khamis, S., Ang, L., & Welling, R. (2017). Self-branding, 'micro-celebrity' and the rise of social media influencers. Celebrity Studies, 8(2), 191–208. https://doi.org/10.1080/19392397.2016.1218292
- Kietzmann, J. H., Hermkens, K., McCarthy, I. P., & Silvestre, B. S. (2011). Social media? Get serious! Understanding the functional building blocks of social media. Business Horizons, 54(3), 241–251. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bushor.2011.01.005
- Kozinets, R. V., De Valck, K., Wojnicki, A. C., & Wilner, S. J. (2010). Networked narratives: Understanding word-of-mouth marketing in online communities. Journal of Marketing, 74(2), 71–89. https://doi.org/10.1509%2Fjm.74.2.71
- Latane, B. (1981). The psychology of social impact. American Psychologist, 36(4), 343–356. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066x.36.4.343
- Li, C. (2010). Groundswell. Winning in a world transformed by social technologies. Strategic Direction, 26(8), https://doi.org/10.1108/sd.2010.05626hae.002
- Lithium. (2014). The power of peer reviews (White paper). http://pages.lithium.com/the-power-ofpeer-reviews
- Lou, C., & Yuan, S. (2019). Influencer marketing: How message value and credibility affect consumer trust of branded content on social media. Journal of Interactive Advertising, 19(1), 58–73. https://doi.org/10.1080/15252019.2018.1533501
- Marwick, A. E. (2013). Status update: Celebrity, publicity, and branding in the social media age. Yale University Press.
- McQuarrie, E. F., Miller, J., & Phillips, B. J. (2013). The megaphone effect: Taste and audience in fashion blogging. Journal of Consumer Research, 40(1), 136–158. https://doi.org/10.1086/669042
- Mediakix. (2019). Influencer marketing 2019 industry benchmarks. https://mediakix.com/influencer-marketing-resources/influencer-marketing-industry-statistics-survey-benchmarks/
- Mir, I. A., & Ur Rehman, K. (2013). Factors affecting consumer attitudes and intentions toward user-generated product content on YouTube. Management & Marketing, 8(4), 637–654.
- Ngai, E. W. (2005). Customer relationship management research (1992–2002): An academic literature review and classification. Marketing Intelligence & Planning, 23(6), 582–605. https://doi.org/10.1108/02634500510624147
- Noyan, B. (2017, July 14). Brands are relying on 'influencer' marketing more than ever. Fortune. https://fortune.com/2017/07/13/brands-influencer-marketing-advertisement/
- Padival, A., Michael, L. K., & Hebbar, S. (2019). Consumer perception towards social media advertisements: A study done in a semi-urban city of South India. Indian Journal of Marketing, 49(2), 38–51. https://doi.org/10.17010/ijom/2019/v49/i2/141582
- Rickey, M. (2013, March 8). High-concept outlet from H&M influenced by fashion bloggers. The Guardian. https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2013/mar/08/regent-street-retail-other-stories
- Saul, H. (2016, March 27). Instafamous: Meet the social media influencers redefining celebrity. The Independent. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/instagrammodelnatasha-oakley-iskra-lawrence-kayla-itsines-kendalljenner-jordyn-woodsa6907551
- Senft, T. M. (2008). Camgirls: Celebrity and community in the age of social networks (Vol. 4). Peter Lang.
- Senft, T. M. (2013). Microcelebrity and the branded self. A Companion to New Media Dynamics, 11, 346–354.
- Sharma, Y. (2016). Celebrity endorsements in an Indian perspective : A review. Indian Journal of Marketing, 46(11), 50–58. https://doi.org/10.17010/ijom/2016/v46/i11/104741
- Sharma, P., Gupta, S., & Kapoor, D. (2020). Digital marketing and consumer millennials : A comparative study of men, women, and transgender consumers' buying behaviour in Punjab. Indian Journal of Marketing, 50(3), 47–57. https://doi.org/10.17010/ijom/2020/v50/i3/151029
- Turner, G. (2010). Ordinary people and the media : The demotic turn. Sage Publications.
- Uzunoğlu, E., & Misci Kip, S. (2014). Brand communication through digital influencers: Leveraging blogger engagement. International Journal of Information Management, 34(5), 592–602. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2014.04.007
- Venkataraman, N., & Raman, S. (2016). Impact of user-generated content on purchase intention for fashion products: A study on women consumers in Bangalore. Indian Journal of Marketing, 46(7), 23–35. https://doi.org/10.17010/ijom/2016/v46/i7/97125
Abstract Views: 36
PDF Views: 1