Correlations among Age, Parity, and Contraception Using with Pap Smear Results in Medan Sumtera Sumatera
Objects: To determine correlations among age, parity, and contraception using pap smear results.
Method: The study was a correlative descriptive. The independent variables are age, parity, and contraception using, while the dependent variable the result of pap smear examination. The samples were 60 respondents.Data were collected using a questionnaire and analysis using the Chi-Square test at an error rate of 0.05.
Results: There was no significant correlation between age and the result of a pap smear examination (p>0.734). There was no significant correlation between parity and the result of a pap smear examination (p>0.204). There was a correlation between contraception using and the results of pap smear examination p<0.004.
Conclusion: It is expected that health workers can improve education and health promotion about cervical cancer prevention by holding seminars or examinations of cervical cancer detection by doing pap smears, and women who have done pap smears with normal results can have repeat pap smears a year later, and abnormal pap smears can repeat. Pap smear again performed 6 months after the previous pap smear.
- WHO. WHO/ICO Information Centre on HPV and Cervical Cancer (Information Centre). Human Papillomavirus and related cancer. 2015. Summary Report Update 3 rd edition 2010. Available from: www.who.int//hpvcentre.
- Adam MMRT, Dharminto, Cahyaningrum F. Age relationship, parity and personal hygiene diagnosis with IVA in Puskesmas Brangsong District 2 Brangsong Kendal. Jurnal Kebidanan. 2017; 6(2): 103-107. Available from: doi : 10.26714/jk.6.2.2017.103-107.
- Nurannadkk. 2011a. Program Pencegahan Kanker Serviks “See and Treat”. FK. UI: Jakarta.
- Rasjidi I. Manual PrakankerServiks, edisi 1. 2014. SagungSeto: Jakarta.
- Kartikawati E. Bahaya Kanker Payudara dan Kanker Serviks. 2013. Bandung: Buku Baru
- Hidayat E, Hasibuan DHS. Fitriyati Y. Hubungan Kejadian Kanker Serviksdengan Jumlah Paritas di RSUD Dr. Moewardi Tahun 2013. 2014.
- Calvagna M. Diagnosis of Cervical Cancer. American Cancer Society. 2007. website.http://www.cancer.org.
- Jensen KE, Schmiedel S, Norrild B, Frederiksen K, Iftner T, Kjaer SK. Parity as a cofactor for high-grade cervical disease among women with persistent human papillomavirus infection: a 13‑year follow-up. British Journal of Cancer 2013, 108, 234–239.
- American Cancer Society. Cervical Cancer Prevention and Early Detection. 2014. Accessed October 31, 2015 from http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/003167-pdf.pdf
- Emilia O. Bebas Ancaman Kanker Serviks. 2010. Yogyakarta: MedPress.
- Wahyuni LK, Tulaar ABM. Pedoman Standar Pengelolaan Disabilitas Berdasarkan Kewenangan Pemberi Pelayanan Kesehatan. Jakarta: Perdosri; 2014. p.5-54,148-50.
Abstract Views: 24
PDF Views: 0