Assessment of Obstetric and Foetal Outcome among Unbooked Mothers at Alqassimi Womens and Children Hospital, Sharjah
A retrospective study was been undertaken to determine the obstetrical and fetal outcome among unbooked mother’s in a teritiary referral hospital. This study is to rule out the fetal and obstetrical outcome such as asphyxia, abruptio placenta; etc .
A quantitative research approach is used. The data were been collected using electronic medical record of the unbooked population and analyzed by using descriptive statistics. Among 100 unbooked 74% are from Sharjah and 25% from Ajman. 82% are anemic. These few complications out of the vast leads on to life threatening situations. The Primary Health Center accessibility towards these vulnerable population have to be drastically improved that indirectly graphs up the maternal and fetal health.
- J.T.Mutihir,Y.A.Niyputen, Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, October 2007; 27(7); 695 -8.
- Bail J.R,Kayode, Afr J Prim Health Care Fam Med. 2014; 6(1):656. Published online 2014 Dec 12. doi: 10.4102/phcfm.v6i1.656.
- WHO world incidence of maternal and fetal health related illness. Available from http://www.who.int.com.
- John C.O,Alegbeleye J.O, pregnancy outcome in unbooked Mother’s at a teritiary health institution,Apr 20015;12(2): 124-6.Available from http//www.pumid.com.
- Young W, Nauta M, Unbooked mother a cohort study,Jun 2004;281(4) 613-6.Available from ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19551396.
Abstract Views: 5
PDF Views: 0