Managing Knowledge in Higher Educational Institutions in the ICT Era:The Road Ahead
Knowledge management is a process or a tool through which organization or institution creates, organizes, stores, disseminates and applies knowledge to achieve its ultimate objective of growth and development. Knowledge management plays a role in the increasing organizational effectiveness to share the best practices, handle issues and problems, enhance research aptitude, and improve people’s skills. The information and communication technology (ICT) is being considered very good technology, which is used to communicate, create, disseminate, store and manage information at any organisation or institution.
Considering the implacability of knowledge management in the higher education sector, the purpose of this research paper is to understand and explore relationship between knowledge management and the ICT. In this research, a sincere attempt has been made to analyse last fifteen years of research studies extensively, which proved the synergistic implication of KM and ICT in higher education institutions in the fast - developing competitive globalization era.
- Bhusry, M., & Ranjan, J. (2011). Implementing knowledge management in higher educational institutions in India: A conceptual framework. International Journal of Computer Applications, 29(1).
- Dhopte, S. J., & Nandola, R. (2012). Innovation & knowledge management: Leveraging strengths of Indian higher education. International Journal of Engineering and Management Research, 2(1).
- Godson, O., Uzochukwuand, O. C., & Obiageli, O. L. (2015). Information and communication technology as an imperative for knowledge management: A case of selected universities in south eastern part of Nigeria. International Review of Research in Emerging Markets and the Global Economy (IRREM), An Online International Research Journal, 1(1).
- Haqani, E. A., & Ahlan, R. (2013). Review of knowledge management in higher education. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR). ISSN (Online): 2319-7064
- Hendriks, P. H. J. (2001). Many rivers to cross: From ICT to knowledge management systems. Journal of Information Technology, 16, 57-72.
- Ho, D. (2007). Research, Innovation and Knowledge Management: The ICT Factor. Commissioned Paper for the UNESCO Forum on Higher Education, Research and Knowledge, UNESCO, Paris.
- Irissappane, D. A., & Vijaychandran, D. (2013). Knowledge management initiatives of polytechnic colleges in Puducherry region. Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing & Management Review, 2(7). ISSN 2319-2836.
- Johnson, N. (2012). ICT adoption, Knowledge Management in Higher Education. Electronic International Interdisciplinary Research Journal (EIIRJ), 1(2).
- Kidwell, J. J., Linde, K. M. V., & Johnson, S. L. (2001). Applying corporate knowledge management practices in higher education. Educause Quarterly, 4.
- Kulkarni, V. (2016). Expectations of Indian b-schools from knowledge management system. Paripex - Indian Journal of Research, 5(1).
- Leask, M., & Pachler, N. (2013). Learning to teach using ICT in the secondary school: A companion to school experience. Routledge.
- Liebowitz, J. (2001). Knowledge management and its link to artificial intelligence. Expert Systems with Applications, 20.
- Lu, R., & Liu, J. (2008). The research of the knowledge management technology in the education. International Symposium on Knowledge Acquisition and Modelling, 551-554.
- Meenakumari, J., & Krishnaveni, R. (2010). Usage of ICT for information administration in higher education institutions: A Study. International Journal of Environmental Science and Development, 1(3).
- Meenakumari, J., & Krishnaveni R. (2011). Transforming higher educational institution administration through ICT. International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, 2(8).
- Nawaz, M. N., & Gomes, A. M. (2014). Review of knowledge management in higher education institutions. European Journal of Business and Management, 6(7).
- Nakkiran, N. S., & Sewry, D. A. (2002). A theoretical framework for knowledge management implementation. Proceedings of SAICSIT, pp. 235-245.
- Nonaka, I. (1998). Knowledge Creating Company. Havard Business Review on Knowledge Management. Havard Business School Publishing. Boston.
- Rathinavelu, A., Manickam, M., & Ramaswamy, C. (2004). Knowledge sharing system using ICT to find out improvements in Teaching - Learning cycle A case study in an Indian higher education system. EDUCOM, 24-26, November, 2004, International Conference on New Challenges for Sustainability & Growth in Higher Education Thailand.
- Sarkar, S. (2012). The role of information and communication techonology in higher education for 21st Century. The Science Probe., 1(1).
- Savitri, F., Sahiraliani, D., & Yakhusna, R. (2013). Knowledge management implementation within the higher education institutions in Badung, Indonesia’s city of education. South East Asia Journal of Contemporary Business, Economics and Law, 2(1). ISSN 2289-1560.
- Shabya, P. (2009). The changing role of information and communication technologies (ICTs) for instruction in higher education institutions in Kenya. Strathmore - ICT Conference, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Tiwana, A. (2000). The knowledge management toolkit: practical techniques for building a knowledge management system. Prentice Hall, New Jersey.
- Toro, U., & Joshi, M. J. (2013). A review of literature on knowledge management using ICT in higher education. International Journal of Computer Technology & Applications, 4(1), 62-67.
- Zack, M. H. (1999). Managing codified knowledge. Sloan Management Review, 40(4), 45-59.
Abstract Views: 26
PDF Views: 0