Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Short Messaging System (SMS) Based Security Box using Arduino and GSM Module
At the present time security is a vital issue in our day to day life. In the current world, crime becomes increasing and people want to secure their asset at their house. In this situation, an owner wants an advance technology so that he doesn’t worry about the assets when he doesn’t present in his house. Using wireless technologies and a good user-friendly interface make the home safety system more attractive. This paper deliberates a simple but very effective technique which will be applied to home security. SMS (Short Messaging System) based security box reduce the rate of the crime and secure our assets. The box is designed in such a way that when someone except the owner opens the box it will send an SMS to the owner mobile using the GSM (Global System for Mobile Communication) module. Main motive about this paper is to make a low-cost security box but its benefit will be high.
Arduino Uno Atmega328 Microcontroller, Global System for Mobile Communication (GSM), Home Security, Short Messaging System (SMS).
- Available at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_(disambiguation)
- G. M. S. M. Rana, A. Al-M. Khan, M. N. Hoque, and A. F. Mitul, “Design and Implementation of a GSM Based remote home security and appliance control system,” 2nd International Conference on Advances in Electrical Engineering, Dhaka, Bangladesh, pp. 291-295.
- M. H. Jusoh, M. F. B. Jamali, A. F. B. Zainal, A. A. Sulaiman, and M. F. Hussin, “Wifi and GSM based motion sensor for home security system applications,” 4th International Conference on Electronic Devices, Systems and Applications, 2015.
- A. S. Prarab, and A. Joglekar, “Implementation of home security system using GSM module and microcontroller,” International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 2950-2953, 2015.
- Z. Jungang, W. Chengdong, L. Daren, and X. Kun, “Study on smart home network technology based on wireless sensor network,” Academic Journal of Shenyang Jianzhu University, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 753-756, November 2005.
- Shawki, M. E. S. Dessouki, A. I. Elbasiouny, A. N. Almazroui and F. M. R. Albeladi, “Microcontroller based smart home with security using GSM technology,” International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 20-28, June 2015.
- S. Budijono, J. Andrianto, and M. A. N. Noor, “Design and implementation of modular home security system with short messaging system,” EPJ Web of Conference, vol. 68, 2014.
- R. Hasan, M. M. Khan, A. Ashek, and I. J. Rumpa, “Microcontroller based home security system with GSM technology,” Open Journal of Safety Science and Technology, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 55-62, 2015.
- D. Cortez, J. L. Santos, K. M. Alberto, P. O. Kua, R. C. Muncada, and K. R. Pontiveros, “Development of multi-home alarm system based on GSM technology,” International Journal of Electronics and Electrical Engineering, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 365-369, August 2016.
- M. Potnis, A. Chimnani, V. Chawla and A. Hatekar, “Home security system using GSM modem,” International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, vol. 5, no. 4, pp.143-147, April 2015.
- H. Elkamchouchi and A. ElShafee, “Design and proto-type implementation of SMS based home automation system,” IEEE International conference on Electronics Design, System and Application, pp. 162-167, November 2012.
- R. Teymourzadeh, S. Ahmed, K. W. Chan and M. V. Hoong, “Smart GSM based home automation system,” IEEE Conference on Systems, Process Control, pp. 306-309, December 2013.
- https://www.techshopbd.com/product-categories/lcd/254/lcd -display-16x2-techshop-bangladesh.
Abstract Views: 8
PDF Views: 0