Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Collaborative Publication Trends Among Faculty Members of Central Universities of North India
This paper attempts to highlight the collaborative publication trend of library and information science (LIS) faculty members in the select central universities of north India. The data for the study was collected by questionnaire and from the websites of universities. A total of 1292 publications were published by LIS faculty during the period 1978-2014, out of these 854 are multi-authored publications. The study depicts that highest publications are contributed as double-authored. The co-authorship index is highest in 1991 i.e. 294.12 as singleauthored, in 1982 i.e. 153.85 as double-authored, in 1989 i.e. 219.78 as triple-authored and in 2014 i.e. 404.04 as ≥ 4 authored publications. Total authors involved in the publications are 2349. The highest MCC is in 2014 (0.46) and the lowest in 1991 (0).
A Collaborative Publication, Collaborative Measures, Collaborative Research, Central Universities, North India, Library and Information Science, Central University of Himachal Pradesh, Dharamshala (CUHP), University of Delhi, Delhi (DU), Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh (AMU), Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi (BHU), Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Lucknow (BBAU).
- Garg, K. C., & Padhi, P. (2001). A study of collaboration in laser science and technology. Scientometrics, 51(2), 415-427.
- Vellaichamy, A., & Jeyshankar, R. (2015). Publication productivity of Pondicherry university Seen through Scopus: A scientometric study. Journal of Advances in Library and Information Science, 4(2), 113-119.
- Ramakrishnan, J., & Thavamani, K. (2015). Authorship pattern and collaborative research in the field of Hepatitis C. Asian Journal of Information Science and Technology, 5(1), 23-32.
- Savanur, K., & Srikanth, R. (2010). Modified collaborative coefficient: A new measure for quantifying the degree of research collaboration. Scientometrics, 84(2), 365-371. DOI: 10.1007/s11192-009-0100-4
- Ajiferuke, I., Burrel, Q., & Tague, J. (1988). Collaborative coeficient: A single measure of the degree of collaboration in research. Scientometrics, 14, 421-433.
- Mani, K. T. (2014). Authorship Patterns and Collaborative Research in Malaysian Journal of Library and Information Science, 1996-2012. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal). Paper 1177. Retrieved from http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/1177
- Vivekanandhan, S., & Bathrinarayanan, A. L. (2014). Authorship trends and collaborative research in Bharathiyar University research output: A scienometric study. International Journal of Current Research in Life SciencesV/IJCRLS, 3(12), 91-96.
- Price, D. D. S. (1981). The analysis of scientometric metrics for policy implications, Scientometrics, 3, 47-54.
- Frame, J. D. (1977). Mainstream research in Latin America and Caribbean. Interciencia, 2, 143-148.
- Schubert, A., & Braun, T. (1986). Relative indicators and relational charts for comparative assessment of publication output and citation impact, Scientometrics, 9, 281-291.
- Bordons, M., Gomez, I., Fernandez, M. T., Zulueta, M. A., & Mendez, A. (1996). Local, domestic and international scientific collaboration in biomedical research, Scientometrics, 37, 279–295.
- Lawani, S. M. (1980). Quality, collaboration and citations in cancer research: A bibliometric study (Unpublished Doctoral Thesis). Florida: School of library science, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, (United States).
- Krishnappa, S. (1983). Bibliometric studies of research collaboration: A review. Journal of Information Science, 6(1), 33-8.
- Isola, A., Burell, Q., & Jean, T. (1988). Collaborative coefficient: A single measure of the degree of collaboration in research. Scientometrics, 4(5-6), 421-33.
- Waila, P., Singh, V. K., & Singh, M. K. (2016). A scientometric analysis of research in recommender systems. J Scientometric Res., 5(1), 71-84. Retrieved from http://www.jscires.org/v5/i1
- Ramiah, S. K. (2016). Publications trends in nuclear physics: A global perspective. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal). Paper 1361. http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/ libphilprac/1361
- Kumar, H. A., Dora, M., & Desai, A. (2015). A bibliometrics profile of Gujarat University, Ahmedabad during 2004-2013. DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology, 35(1), 9-16.
- Subramanyam, K. (1983). Bibliometric studies of research collaboration: A review. J. inf. Sci., 6(1), 33-38.
- Savnur, K., & Srikanth, R. (2010). Modified collaborative coefficient: A new measure for quantifying degree of research collaboration. Scientometrics, 84, 365-71.
- Garfield, E. (1979). Is citation analysis a legitimate evaluation tool? Scientometrics, 1(4), 359-375.
Abstract Views: 35
PDF Views: 0