Open Access Open Access  Restricted Access Subscription Access
Open Access Open Access Open Access  Restricted Access Restricted Access Subscription Access

Personality Correlates of Privacy Concerns


Affiliations
1 Department of Psychology, Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India
     

   Subscribe/Renew Journal


The aim of the present study was to find out the relationship between Big-Five and Privacy Concerns among 200 students of Himachal Pradesh University (H.P.U.) within the age range of 21-30 years. Data were evaluated in terms of Correlation and Regression analysis. The analysis has revealed that for males sample Agreeableness has contributed the maximum variance of 18% followed by Conscientiousness (5%), explaining a total variance of 23%. In females sample, the maximum variance is explained by Conscientiousness (12%), followed by Extraversion (10%) and Openness (4%), explaining a total variance of 26%. The results have shown the commonness of one variable, i.e., Conscientiousness in predicting the relationship in both the genders.

Keywords

Big Five, Privacy Concerns, Gender.
Subscription Login to verify subscription
User
Notifications
Font Size


Abstract Views: 83

PDF Views: 2




  • Personality Correlates of Privacy Concerns

Abstract Views: 83  |  PDF Views: 2

Authors

Anita Sharma
Department of Psychology, Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India
Isha Jaswal
Department of Psychology, Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India

Abstract


The aim of the present study was to find out the relationship between Big-Five and Privacy Concerns among 200 students of Himachal Pradesh University (H.P.U.) within the age range of 21-30 years. Data were evaluated in terms of Correlation and Regression analysis. The analysis has revealed that for males sample Agreeableness has contributed the maximum variance of 18% followed by Conscientiousness (5%), explaining a total variance of 23%. In females sample, the maximum variance is explained by Conscientiousness (12%), followed by Extraversion (10%) and Openness (4%), explaining a total variance of 26%. The results have shown the commonness of one variable, i.e., Conscientiousness in predicting the relationship in both the genders.

Keywords


Big Five, Privacy Concerns, Gender.