Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Customised Customer Contact Services in Hotels-The State of the Art
Several hospitality industries face the concerns of coordinating and organising a customised customer contact service point for their customers, especially regarding customer preferences and details (Cunha, 2014). Therefore, customers experience a sequence of intermittent communication moments when they come across contact points in the hospitality industry (Payne, 2016). Findings from the state of the art show that customers of hospitality industry highly acknowledged the importance of customised contact service and its positive impact on the customer’s life. This research also showed that there is a significant difference between the income of customers and how it impacts their experience towards customised contact point. Other findings showed that both age and gender of the customer does not impact on the customers’ experience towards personalised customer service contact point; thus, it shows no significant differences.
Hotels, Contact Services, Customised Customer.
- Palmer, A., McMahonBeattie, U., & Beggs, R. (2000). A structural analysis of hotel sector loyalty programs. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 12(1), 54-60.
- Akroush, N. M., Dahiyat, E. S., Gharibeh, S. H., & Abu-Lail, N. B. (2011). Customer relationship management implementation: An investigation of a scale’s generalizability and its relationship with business performance in a developing country context. International Journal of Commerce and Management, 21, 158-190.
- Burns, A. C., & Bush, R. F. (2006). Marketing research (5th ed.). Pearson.
- Domegan, C. T. (1996). The adoption of information technology in customer service. European Journal of Marketing, 30(6), 52-69,
- Coelho, P. S., & Henseler, J. (2012). Creating customer loyalty through service customisation. European Journal of Marketing, 46(3/4), 331-356.
- Cunha, M. N. (2014). Distributor brand and consumers’ behaviours: The influence of price, quality and promotions on shopping habits. Comunicação & Mercado/UNIGRAN - Dourados - MS, 3(6), 89-97.
- Cunha, M. N. (2019). A perceção do consumidor face às publicações online: O caso da moda de luxo. Novas publicações Académicas.
- Cunha, M. N., & Santos, E. (2019). A Perceção do Consumidor face à Comunicação das Marcas de Moda de Luxo nas Redes Sociais. International Journal of Marketing, Communication and New Media, 7(12), 83-102.
- Faed, A., & Forbes, D. (2010). Impact of customer management system in improving customer retention: Optimization of negative customer feedback. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, 72(1), 171-175.
- Franke, N., Keinz, P., & Steger, C. J. (2016). Testing the value of customisation: When do customers really prefer products tailored to their preferences?. Journal of Marketing, 73(5), 103-121.
- Frawley, A. (2014). Igniting customer connections: Fire up your company’s growth by multiplying customer experience & engagement. John Wiley & Sons.
- Gagnon, G. B., & Roh, Y. S. (2016). The impact of customisation and reliability on customer satisfaction in the US lodging industry. Journal of Quality Assurance in Hospitality & Tourism, 8(3), 60-78.
- Ganesan-Lim, C., Russell-Bennett, R., & Dagger, T. (2015). The impact of service contact type and demographic characteristics on service quality perceptions. Journal of services Marketing, 22(7), 550-561.
- Gilmore, J. H. (1997). The four faces of mass customisation. Harvard Business Review, 75(1), 91-101.
- Leigh, T. W., & Tanner, J. F. (2014). Introduction: JPSSM special issue on customer relationship management. Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management, 24, 259-262.
- Lemon, K. N., & Verhoef, P. C. (2016). Understanding customer experience throughout the customer journey. Journal of Marketing, 80(6), 69-96.
- Lin, J. S. C., & Wu, C. Y. (2011). The role of expected future use in relationship-based service retention. Managing Service Quality, 21(5), 535-551.
- Sigala, M., Lockwood, A., & Jones, P. (2015). Strategic implementation and IT: Gaining competitive advantage from the hotel reservations process. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management,13(7), 364-371.
- Meuter, M. L., Ostrom, A. L., Roundtree, R. I., & Bitner, M. J. (2000). Self-service technologies: Understanding customer satisfaction with technology-based service encounters. Journal of Marketing, 64(3), 50-64.
- McLauchlin, J. (2010). Retaining customers: It’s not just about the renewal. LIMRA’S The Marketer Newsletter, 17, 1-3.
- Meyer, C., & Schwager, A. (2007). Understanding customer experience. Harvard Business Review, 85(2), 117-126.
- Park, C., & Kim, Y. (2013). A framework of dynamics CRM: Linking marketing with information strategy. Business Process Management Journal, 9, 652-671.
- Payne, A., & Frow, P. (2016). A strategic framework for customer relationship management. Journal of Marketing, 69, 167-176.
- Rahimi, R., & Kozak, M. (2017). Impact of customer relationship management on customer satisfaction: The case of a budget hotel chain. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 34(1), 40-51.
- Jain, R., Aagja, J., & Bagdare, S. (2017). Customer experience - A review and research agenda. Journal of Service Theory and Practice, 27(3), 642.
- Read, B. (2011). Top tips to build and keep customer loyalty with CRM. Customer Interactive Solution, 27, 26-28.
- Reichheld, F. F., & Kenny, D. (1990). The hidden advantages of customer retention. Journal of Retail Banking 7, 19-23.
- Richards, K. A., & Jones, E. (2016). Customer relationship management: Finding value drivers. Industrial Marketing Management, 37, 120-130.
- Robert-Lombard, M., & Du Plessis, L. (2012). Customer relationship management (CRM) in a South African service environment: An exploratory study. African Journal of Marketing Management, 4, 152-165.
- Schmitt, B. (2014). Experiential marketing. Journal of Marketing Management, 15(1/3), 53-67.
- Spencer-Matthews, S., & Lawley, M. (2006). Improving customer service: Issues in customer contact management. European Journal of Marketing, 40(1/2), 218-232.
- Stein, A., & Ramaseshan, B. (2016). Towards the identification of customer experience touch point elements. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 30, 8-19.
- Tanner, J. F., Ahearne, M., Leigh, T. W., Mason, C. H., & Moncrief, W. (2015). CRM in sales intensive organizations: A review and future direction. Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management, 25, 171-182.
- Watjatrakul, B. (2018). Determinants and effects of mobile service customisation: An empirical study of A2P SMS Adoption. International Journal of Information Systems in the Service Sector (IJISSS), 10(4), 73-87.
- Yadav, M., & Rahman, Z. (2017). Measuring consumer perception of social media marketing activities in e-commerce industry: Scale development and validation. Telematics and Informatics, 34(7), 1294-1307. doi: 10.1016/j.tele.2017.06.001
- Zikmund, W. G., McLead, R., & Gibert, F. W. (2013). Customer relationship management: Integrating marketing strategy and information technology. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
Abstract Views: 10
PDF Views: 0