Analysis of Congestion Contributors for Major Corridors by Using PCA Application to Urban Traffic Mobility of Rajendranagar Municipality Area Hyderabad AP, INDIA
Urban congestion is one of the major issues which is influencing road user. This influence is carrying out on cost-effective travel, non substance of environment, psychological strains and a travel imbalance on traffic mobility. There is a need to indentify congestion criterions for the phenomenal influence rendered in traffic. The congestion criterions can be tracked with the attribute positioned on road with speed. The congestion is generated with the above head is distributed with variable intensities and lead to the accident occurrence. These intensities are found that they are due to influence of certain characteristic influence from factors of land use, road geometric, and traffic and road network characteristics. This study is framed on with the multilevel influencing factors. GPS Technology, GIS based supportive approach is suggested in this research for input data and a mathematical model is applied to find congestion contributors.
Principal Component Analysis is applied to congestion contributors with the objective studying criterions and the links which leads to congestion.
The present paper deals with the studying the congestion contributors, and congestion generated links for the Rajendranagar municipality area, Hyderabad AP., INDIA by using Principal Component Analysis (PCA).
- Acek Malczewski, 1998, “GIS and Multicriteria Decision Analysis”, Edition 1.
- Bruno Santos, António Antunes, Eric Miller, February 24, 2009, “A Multi-objective Approach to Long-term Interurban Multi-level Road Network Planning”, Journal of Transportation Engineering.
- Jolliffe I.T, “Principal Component analysis”, second edition;
- Jonathon Shlens, “A Tutorial on Principal Component Analysis”, Center for Neural Science, New York University, New York City and Systems Neurobiology Laboratory, Salk Institute for Biological Studies La Jolla, CA 92037.
- Lindsay I Smith, February 26, 2002 “A Tutorial on Principal Component Analysis”.
- Albert John Mallinckrodt, 8 August 2009, “VCI, a regional volume/ capacity index model of urban congestion”, ASCE journal of Transportation Engineering,
- Robert A. Johnston, Jay R.Lund, Paul P.Craig, Jan/Feb 1995 “Capacity- Allocation methods for reducing urban traffic congestion“, ASCE journal of Transportation Engineering, volume 121.
- Bhargab Maitra, P.K.Sikdar, and S.L.Dhingra, Nov/Dec 1999 “Modeling congestion on urban roads and assessing Level of service”, ASCE journal of Transportation Engineering, volume 125.
- Antony Stathopoulos and Mattew G. Karlaftis, Nov/Dec 2002, ”Modelling duration of urban traffic congestion”, ASCE journal of Transportation Engineering, volume 128.
- A.Garib, A.E.Radwan and H.Al-Deek, ”Estimating magnitude and Duration of indent delays”. SCE
Abstract Views: 167
PDF Views: 0