Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Content Analysis Concerning Online Shopping in UAE:Evaluation of Impact Score From News
The news in newspaper and magazine plays an imperative role to apprise public. People get influenced by the contents (either news or articles), and for businesses, this subjects to spontaneous decisions. It also corroborates greater defy for businesses owing to mammoth amount of data aggregated. The research conducts content analysis of “online shopping news” from two prominent newspapers (Gulf News and The National) and other protuberant sources (including Khaleej Times and Arabian Business) in UAE, summing to 49 news published during 2016-2017. The aim of collecting these documents is to find their impact (in terms of polarity using Plutchik emotional model) on public. The tests consist of impact identification phase, which associates news with impact aggregation and scoring.
Content Analysis, Gulf News, Impact Score, Plutchik Emotional Model, The National.
- Domann, J., & Lommatzsch, A. (2017). A Highly Available Real-time News Recommender based on Apache Spark. CLEF’ 17: Proceedings of the 8th International Conference of the (CLEF) Initiative.
- Euromonitor. (2017, January 1). Retailing in the United Arab Emirates. Euromonitor. Retrieved from http://www.euromonitor.com/retailing-in-the-united-arab-emirates/report
- Haider-Markel, D. P., Allen, M. D., & Johansen, M.(2006). Understanding variations in media coverage of u.s. supreme court decisions comparing media outlets in their coverage of Lawrence v. Texas. The Harvard International Journal of Press/Politics.
- Happer, C., & Philo, G. (2013). The role of the media in the construction of public belief and social change.Journal of Social and Political Psychology, 1(1), 321-336. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.5964/jspp.v1i1.96
- Jayakumar. (2016, December 7). Infographic: UAE Online Consumers Shopping Trends Revealed. Retrieved December 1, 2017, from https://arabiangazette.com/uae-online-consumers-shopping-trends-revealed/
- Livingstone, S. (1994). Watching talk: Gender and engagement in the viewing of audience discussion programmes. Media, Culture and Society, 16(3), 429-447.
- Lommatzsch, A., Butow, F., Ploch, D., & Albayrak, S.(2017). Towards the automatic sentiment analysis of German news and forum documents. Springer, 1-16.
- Plutchik, R. (2001). The nature of emotions. American Scientist, 89, 344-350.
- Reuters. (2017, May 11). Fund led by Dubai billionaire Alabbar buys UAE website JadoPado. Reuters.Retrieved from https://www.reuters.com/article/emirates-technology-jadopado/fund-led-by-dubaibillionairealabbar-buys-uae-website-jadopadoidUSL8N1ID1GK
- Scott, A. (n.d.). Emaar Malls takes 51 per cent stake in online fashion retailer Namshi - The National.Retrieved December 1, 2017, from https://www.the-national.ae/business/emaar-malls-takes-51-per-cent-stakein-online-fashion-retailer-namshi-1.60869
- Turner, G., & Wang, S. (2017, March 28). Amazon Buys Souq.com as Middle East Online Market Takes Off. Bloomberg.Com. Retrieved from https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-28/amazon-wins-battle-to-buy-middle-east-e-commerce-firm-souq-com
- Wind, Y., & Mahajan, V. (2001). Digital marketing: Global strategies from the world’s leading experts (1st ed.). Wiley.
Abstract Views: 12
PDF Views: 1