Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Yield Attributes, Yield and Uptake of Nutrients as Influenced by Basal and Foliar Application of Nutrients on Rice Fallow Blackgram
An investigation was carried out to fine tune nutrient management techniques for improving the yield of rice fallow blackgram at the Wetlands of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore in a split plot design. Three fertilizer application practices viz. recommended dose of fertilizer to preceding rice crop, recommended dose of fertilizer (last split through DAP based on N equivalent) to the preceding rice crop and basal application of fertilizer to blackgram of N and P2O5 @ 12.5:25 kg ha-1 (10 days prior to harvest of rice crop) formed the main plot treatments and foliar sprays viz., control, 1% urea, 2% DAP, 1% KCl and 2% DAP + 1% KCl twice at flowering and pod filling stages of crop growth constituted the subplot treatments. The treatments were replicated thrice. The results revealed that basal application of N and P2O5 fertilizers @ 12.5:25 kg ha-1 (10 days prior to harvest of rice crop) to blackgram favoured the nutrient uptake. Similarly the NPK uptake at harvest (64.64, 6.75 and 46.51 kg ha-1) and yield (1037 kg ha-1) were significantly influenced when foliar spray of 2% DAP + 1% KCl was given at flowering and pod filling stages of crop growth. Interaction between basal application of fertilizer N and P2O5 @ 12.5:25 kg ha-1 just before the harvesting of preceding rice crop along with foliar spray of 2% DAP + 1% KCl twice at flowering and pod filling stages was significant for NPK uptake, yield attributes and yield.
Blackgram, DAP, KCL, Nutrient Uptake, Yield and Yield Parameters.
- Ali, M. and Kumar, S. (2009). Major technological advances in pulses- Indian scenario. In: Milestones in Food Legumes Research , 20 p., (Eds. Masood Ali and Shiv Kumar). Indian Institute of Pulses Research, Kanpur, India.
- FAO STAT. 2012. FAOSTAT - Statistical Database, 2012.
- Kalarani, M.K. and M. Moosa Shemma. 1994. Increasing yield due to delaying leaf senescence by the foliar fertilization of N, P, K and B in soyabean. Madras Agric. J., 81: 171-172.
- Manu, M. and K. Wahab. 2002. Nutrient uptake and nodulation as influenced by irrigation and DAP spray in rice fallow blackgram cv. ADT 5. Plant Archives, 2: 55-57.
- Pandian, B.J., S. Anand Kumar, V. Veerabadran and V.K. Ravichandran. 2001. Growth and yield of rice fallow greengram as influenced by methods of sowing, stubble management and nutrient application in Tambiraparani Command Area. Madras Agric.J., 88: 406-409.
- Rajendran, R. 1991. Effect of soil and foliar nutrition on growth and yield of mungbean (Vigna radiata (L) Wilezek). The Andhra Agric. J., 38: 15-18.
- Raju, R.A. and M.N. Reddy. 1998. Establishment techniques, seed rate and fertilizer application to summer blackgram (Phaseolus mungo) in rice (Oryza sativa) fallows. Indian. J. Agron., 43: 41-413.
- Yakadri, M. and Ramesh Thatikunta. 2002. Effect of soil application of potassium and DAP spray in blackgram (Vigna mungo L.). Madras Agric. J., 89: 147-149.
Abstract Views: 144
PDF Views: 0