Goods & Services Tax (GST)–Impact Analysis & Road Ahead
Until 30th June'2017, people of India were perpetually surrounded by a gamut of indirect taxes (seven main heads in all) namely, service tax, value added tax, securities transaction tax (STT), entertainment tax, excise duty, customs duty & stamp duty.
Through a significant initiative taken by the Government of India, a common indirect tax by the name of Goods & Services Tax (GST) has been implemented across India, with effect from 1st July'2017. Objective being, to bring about uniformity in taxation by merging all these taxes, which in turn will assist in reducing the hassles of compliances associated&help in improving tax governance in India.
- types of indirect taxes in India and its meaning – Chartered Club http://www.charteredclub.com/indirect-tax-gst/. http://www.gstindia.com/history-of-gst/.
- Opportunities in GST – Impact study Indirect Tax Committee - The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India www.idtc.icai.org.
- Impact of GST on Various Industries, Sector wise Impact analysis - https://gst.caknowledge.in/impact-of-gst-onvarious-industries-analysis/.
- GST Implementation in India - http://www.ey.com/in/en/services/ey-goods-and-services-tax-gst.
- http://gstexperts.net/gst/(review data available on this site).
- Impact of GST rates on various industries – clearTax https://cleartax.in/s/impact-of-gst-rates-on-entertainment-industry
- Impact of GST rates on automobile sector – clearTax https://cleartax.in/s/gst-impact-automobile-industry
- Impact of GST rates on real estate sector – clearTax https://cleartax.in/s/gst-real-estate-sector-affect.
- Impact of GST rates on transport sector – clearTax https://cleartax.in/s/goods-transport-agency-under-gst
Abstract Views: 44
PDF Views: 0