Emphasizing Sustainable and Balanced Growth through Integrated Reporting
With the value base of organizations increasing due to intangible assets the reporting framework also needed a revamp. With concepts like carbon trading, corporate social responsibility, human resource accounting gaining importance and finding their way as a part of legislations in India , it does prove that the reporting is not only meant for investors, but is extended to other stakeholders like employees, customers and the society at large.
With the steps taken towards adoption of International Financial Reporting Standards by most nations, the need for a holistic reporting structure has become the need of the hour. In a circular dated 6th Feb 2017 Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has asked the top 500 listed companies in India to adopt integrated reporting. One must say, a remarkable step taken by the Indian regulatory authority for capital markets when the global economy is rapidly changing.
In this paper an attempt has been made to examine and study the current reporting practices and the integrated reporting practices and highlight the differences between the two. While highlighting the same, an attempt has been made towards studying the impact it will have on various stakeholders of the company and ultimately its market price.
- (n.d.). Retrieved June 23, 2017, from http://integratedreporting.org/Achieving Sustainability Through Integrated Reporting (SSIR). (n.d.). Retrieved June 23, 2017, from https://ssir.org/articles/entry/achieving_sustainability_through _ integrated_reporting
- Barker, R., &Kasim, T. (2016). Integrated Reporting: Precursor of a Paradigm Shift in Corporate Reporting? Integrated Reporting, 81-108. doi:10.1057/978-1-137-55149-8_5
- Chersan, I. (2016, 04). Corporate responsibility reporting according to Global Reporting Initiative: An international comparison. Audit Financiar,14(136), 424. doi:10.20869/auditf/2016/14/424
- Dragu, I., &Tiron-Tudor, A. (2013, 08). Integrating Best Reporting Practices for Enhancing Corporate Social Responsibility. Corporate Social Responsibility in the Global Business World, 27-47. doi:10.1007/978-3-64237620-7_2
- Eccles, R. G., &Serafeim, G. (n.d.). Corporate and Integrated Reporting: A Functional Perspective. SSRN Electronic Journal. doi:10.2139/ssrn.2388716
- Eccles, R. G., &Serafeim, G. (n.d.). Corporate and integrated reporting: A functional perspective. Corporate Stewardship: Achieving Sustainable Effectiveness, 156-172. doi:10.9774/gleaf.9781783532605_10 Ernst and Young Report on Elevating value 2017
- Faria, M. J. (2016, 11). A New Form of Reporting For Companies. The Integrated Reporting. International Journal Of Management And Economics Invention. doi:10.18535/ijmei/v2i11.02
- Global Reporting Initiative. (n.d.). Retrieved June 23, 2017, from http://globalreporting.org/
- Haller, A. (2016). Value Creation: A Core Concept of Integrated Reporting. Integrated Reporting, 37-57. doi:10.1057/978-1-137-55149-8_3
- Humphrey, C., O'Dwyer, B., &Unerman, J. (2016, 07). Re-theorizing the configuration of organizational fields: The IIRC and the pursuit of 'Enlightened' corporate reporting. Accounting and Business Research, 47(1), 30-63. doi:10.1080/00014788.2016.1198683
- Mio, C. (2016). Integrated Reporting: The IIRC Framework. Integrated Reporting, 1-18. doi:10.1057/978-1-13755149-8_1
- The Rise of Integrated Corporate Reporting. (2015, 10). doi:10.13007/555
- Price Water House Coopers Report 2015 on Implementing Integrated Reporting
- Romolini, A., Fissi, S., & Gori, E. (2017, 02). Exploring Integrated Reporting Research: Results and Perspectives. International Journal of Accounting and Financial Reporting,7(1). doi:10.5296/ijafr.v7i1.10630
- SEBI Circular dated 6th February 2017
- Villiers, C. D., Rinaldi, L., &Unerman, J. (2014, 08). Integrated Reporting: Insights, gaps and an agenda for future research. Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal,27(7), 1042-1067. doi:10.1108/aaaj-06-2014-1736
Abstract Views: 55
PDF Views: 1