Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Employee Engagement-A Conceptual Framework
Organizations today as facing issues like high attrition and low performance. One of the reasons cited in literature for this problem is disengagement of employees. The paper reviews the literature available on employee engagement and discusses the levels, types and factors that would drive employee engagement. It further discusses the importance of employee engagement and its key drivers. At the end some steps undertaken by organizations and a framework of employee engagement is discussed.
Engagement, Motivation, Drivers, Framework.
- http://www.purplegoldfish.com/learning-green-goldfish-google-15-ways-drive-employee-engagement/ retrieved on 21/05/2017.
- Catherine Farley, Jill Goldstein and Susan M. Cantrell , Consumerized Employee Services: The Next Evolution in Shared Services retrieved https://www.accenture.com/t20150523T022414__w__/in-en/_acnmedia/Accenture/Conversion-Assets/DotCom/Documents/Global/PDF/Dualpub_1/Accenture-Consumerized-Employee-Services-Next-Evolution-Shared-Services.pdf#zoom=50 on 27/06/2017
- Baumruk, R. (2004) „The missing link: the role of employee engagement in business success‟, Work span, Vol. 47, pp. 48-52
- Harter, J.K., F.L. Schmidt and T.L. Hayes (2002). Business Unit level relationship between employee satisfaction, employee engagement and business outcomes: A meta-analysis journal of applied psychology, 87(2), 268-279.
- Kahn, W.A., (1990) „Psychological conditions of personal engagement and disengagement at work‟, Academy of Management Journal, Vol. 33, Issue.4, pp.692-724.
- Kumar, J .A. (2012). Employee Engagement, Saaransh, RKG Journal of Management, Vol. 3 (2).
- Mehta, D., and Mehta, N.K., (2013). Employee Engagement: A Literature Review. Economica. Seria Management. Volume 16 (2).
- Markos Solomon and Sandhya Sridevi M. (2010) Employee Engagement: The Key to Improving Performance, International Journal of Business and Management Vol. 5, No. 12; December, pp. 89-96.
- Pech, R.J. (2009), “Delegating and Developing Power: A case Study of Engaged Employees.: Journal of Business Strategy 30(1):27-32q
- Perrin, T. (2003). Working Today: Understanding What Drives Employee Engagement, in www.towersperrin.com. Accessed on July 7, 2014.
- Rayton, B. Dodge, T. and D'Analeze, G., 2012. The Evidence: Employee Engagement Task Force “Nailing the evidence” workgroup. Other. Engage for Success.
- Richman, A. (2006) „Everyone wants an engaged fork force how can you create it? Workspan, Vol. 49, pp36-39.
- Rioux Sheila M., Bernthal Paul R., and Wellins Richard S. (2000), The Globalization of Human Resource Practices Survey Report.
- Royal, M. and Stark, M. (2010). Hitting the ground running, what the world‟s most admired companies do to (re)engage their employees. The Hay Group.
- Robinson, D., Perryman, S. and Hayday., S. (2004). The Drivers of Employee Engagement. IES Report 408. Brighton. Institute for Employee Studies.
- Shaw, K. (2005) „An engagement strategy process for communicators‟, Strategic Communication Management, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 26-29
- Schaufeli, W.B., and Bakker, A.B. (2004), “Job Demands, Job Resources and Their Relationship with Burnout and Engagement: A Multi-Sample Study.” Journal of Organizational Behaviour 25(3):293-315.
- Sonnentag, S. (2003), “Recovery, Work Engagement, and Proactive Behaviour: A New Look at the Interface Between Non-Work and Work.” Journal of Applied Psychology 88(3):518-28.
- Thomas, K. B., & Velthouse, B. A. (1990). Cognition elements of empowerment: an "interpretive" model of intrinsic task motivation. Academy of Management Review, 15, 666-681.
- Truss, C., Sonae, E., Edwards, C., Wisdom, K., Croll, A. and Burnett, J. (2006) working life: Employee Attitudes and Engagement 2006. London, CIPD.
- Wellins, R. and Concelman, J. (2005). Creating a culture for engagement, Workforce Performance Solutions. Retrieved June, 12 2005 from www. WPSmag.com
- Wright, T.A., and R. Cropanzano (2000), “Psychological Well-Being and Job Satisfaction as Predictors of Job Performance”. Journal of Occupational Health Psychology 5(1):84-94
- Siddhanta Abhijitand Roy (Ghosh) Debalina , (2010), Employee engagement engaging the 21st century workforce, Asian Journal of management research, pp. 170-189.
Abstract Views: 39
PDF Views: 0