Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Role of Big Data Analytics in Social Media Marketing of MICE Tourism
The purpose of this research paper is to provide a theoretical framework for understanding the concepts of Big Data Analytics and social media and their role in marketing of MICE tourism. The systematic review of literature done, contributes in exploring and enhancing the comprehension of various models and strategic alternatives affecting the utilization and adoption of social media marketing.
Big Data, Marketing, MICE Tourism, Social Media.
- Babu SR, Subramoniam S. Tourism Management in Internet of Things Era, Journal of IT and Economic Development. 2016; 7(1):114.
- Phelan KV, Chen H-T, Haney M. “Like” and “Check-in”: How hotels utilize Facebook as an effective marketing tool, Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology. 2013; 4(2):134-54. https://doi.org/10.1108/JHTT-Jul-2012-0020.
- MRSS India. India Inbound MICE Tourism: Trends and opportunities. New Delhi: FICCI; 2016.
- Marr B. Big Data: Using smart big data, analytics and metrics to make better decisions and improve performance. UK: John Wiley & Sons Ltd.; 2015.
- Bumblauskas D, Nold H, Bumblauskas P, Igou A. Big Data Analytics: Transforming data to action, Business Process Management Journal. 2017; 23(3):703-20. https://doi.org/10.1108/BPMJ-03-2016-0056.
- Ducange P, Pecori R, Mezzina P. A glimpse on big data analytics in the framework of marketing strategies, Soft Comput. 2018; 22:32542. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00500-017-2536-4.
- Verma S, Bhattacharyya SS. Perceived strategic value-based adoption of Big Data Analytics in emerging economy A qualitative approach for Indian firms, Journal of Enterprise Information Management. 2017; 30(3):354-82. https://doi.org/10.1108/JEIM10-2015-0099.
- Pries KH, Dunnigan R. Big Data Analytics: A Practical Guide for Managers. FL: CRC Press Taylor & Francis Group; 2015. https://doi. org/10.1201/b18055.
- Kumar V, Chattaraman V, Neghina C, Skiera B, Aksoy L, Buoye A, et. al. Data-driven services marketing in a connected world, Journal of Service Management. 2013; 24(3):330-52. https://doi.org/10.1108/09564231311327021.
- He W, Wang F-K, Akula V. Managing extracted knowledge from big social media data for business decision making, Journal of Knowledge Management. 2017; 21(2):275-94. https://doi.org/10.1108/JKM-07-2015-0296.
- Costa J. How are companies and destinations “surfing the wave” of global tourism?: Strategic Question Overview, Worldwide Hospitality and Tourism Themes. 2017; 9(6):588-91. https://doi.org/10.1108/WHATT-09-2017-0055.
- Seaton AV, Bennett MM. The Marketing of Tourism Products: Concepts, Issues and Cases, 1st Ed., London: International Thomson Business Press; 2000.
- Lee MJ, Back K-J. A review of economic value drivers in convention and meeting management research (E. G. Publishing, Ed.), International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management. 2005; 17(5):409-20. https://doi.org/10.1108/09596110510604832.
- Rosman R, Stuhura K. The Implications of Social Media on Customer Relationship Management and the Hospitality Industry, Journal of Management Policy and Practice. 2013; 14(3):18-26.
- Hansson L, Wrangmo A, Søilen KS. Optimal ways for companies to use Facebook as a marketing channel, Journal of Information, Communication and Ethics in Society. 2013; 11(2):112-26. https:// doi.org/10.1108/JICES-12-2012-0024.
- Kandampully J, Zhang T, Bilgihan A. Customer loyalty: A review and future directions with a special focus on the hospitality industry, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management. 2015; 27(3):379-414. https://doi.org/10.1108/ IJCHM-03-2014-0151.
- Zeithaml VA, Bitner MJ, Gremler DD, Pandit A. Services Marketing: Integrating customer focus across the firm, 6th Ed., New Delhi, India: McGraw-Hill Education; 2015. PMid: 26537103.
- Stone MD, Woodcock ND. Interactive, direct and digital marketing: A future that depends on better use of business intelligence, Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing. 2014; 8(1):4-17. https://doi.org/10.1108/JRIM-07-2013-0046.
- Mistilis N, Dwyer L. Tourism gateways and regional economies: The distributional impacts of MICE, The International Journal of Tourism Research. 1999; 1(6):441-57. https://doi.org/10.1002/ (SICI)1522-1970(199911/12)1:6<441::AID-JTR177>3.0.CO;2-8.
- Tsiotsou R, Ratten V. Future research directions in tourism marketing, Marketing Intelligence and Planning. 2010; 28(4):533-44. https://doi.org/10.1108/02634501011053702.
- Stiakakis E, Georgiadis CK. Drivers of a tourism e-business strategy: The impact of information and communication technologies, Oper Res International Journal. 2011; 11:149-69. https://doi.org/10.1007/ s12351-009-0046-6.
- Jang S, Hu C, Bai B. A canonical correlation analysis of e-relationship marketing and hotel financial performance, Tourism and Hospitality Research. 2006; 6(4):241-50. https://doi.org/10.1057/ palgrave.thr.6050024.
- Stringam BB, Gerdes Jr J. Are pictures worth a thousand room nights? Success factors for hotel web site design, Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology. 2010; 1(1):30-49. https://doi.org/10.1108/17579881011023007.
- Phelan KV, Christodoulidou N, Countryman CC, Kistner LJ. To book or not to book: the role of hotel web site heuristics, Journal of Services Marketing. 2011; 25(2):134-48. https://doi.org/10.1108/08876041111119859.
Abstract Views: 89
PDF Views: 0