Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Study of Relation between Brand Attitude and Unrealistic Contents in Indian Television Advertisement
This research paper contributes in offering insights in to the effects on branding with relation to the Television Advertisement having Non realistic contents in them. For this a structured questionnaire was completed with a sample of 245 people mainly from Mumbai region after showing them the real advertisements which are predominantly having non realistic contents. Two major factors that are observed are entertainment and irritation. The study will be helpful to companies in deciding whether non realistic contents in the advertisement go well with the brand attitude or not.
Advertising, Branding, Non Realistic Contents, Irritation, Entertainment
- Aaker, D.A and Bruzzone, D.E. (1985) Causes of irritation in advertising. Journal of Marketing 49(2):pp47-57.
- Ackerman, M., T. Darrel and D. Weitzner (2001). Privacy in Context. Human-Computer Interaction, 16 pp167 – 176.
- Allen, C.T., Machleit, K. and Marine, S. (1988) on assessing the advertising via Izard?s differential emotions scale. Advances in Consumer Research 15: pp226-231.
- Balasubramanian, S.K. (1994) beyond advertising and publicity: Hybrid messages and public policy issues. Journal of Advertising 23(4): pp29-46
- Beatty, S. E., L. R. Kahle, P. Homer and M. Shekar (1985). Alternative Measurement Approaches to Consumer Values: The List of Values and the Rokeach Value Survey. Psychology and Marketing, 2(3), pp181 – 200
- Clancey, M. (1994) The television audience examined. Journal of Advertising Research 39(5): pp27-27
- Ducoffe, R. H. (1996). Advertising Value and Advertising on the Web. Journal of Advertising Research, 36(September/October), pp21 - 36.
- .Ducoffe, R. H. (1995). How Consumers Assess the Value of Advertising. Journal of Current Issues and Research in Advertising, 17(1 (Spring 1995)), pp1 - 18.
- Goldsmith, R. E., B. A. Lafferty and S. J. Newell (2000). The impact of corporate credibility and celebrity credibility on consumer reaction to advertisements and brands. Journal of Advertising, 29(3), pp43-54.
- Green, N., R. H. R. Harper, G. Murtagh and G. Cooper (2001). Configuring the Mobile User: Sociological and Industry Views. Personal and Ubiquitous Computing, 5 pp146 – 156.
- Greenwald, A. G. & Leavitt, C. 1984, "Audience Involvement in Advertising: Four Levels", Journal of Consumer Research, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 581-592.
- Hoffman, D. L. and T. Novak, P. (1996). Marketing in Hypermedia Computer-Mediated Environments: Conceptual Foundations. Journal of Marketing, 60(July 1996), pp50 - 68.
- Holbrook, Morris B. and Donald R. Lehmann (1980) "Form versus Content in Predicting Starch Scores, “Journal of Advertising Research, 20, August, pp53-62.
- Katterbach, W. (2002). Die SMS-Verkäufer. Impulse, February 1st, 2002(76).
- .Kent, R. and H. Brandal (2003). Improving email response in a permission marketing context. International Journal of Market Research, 45(4), pp489-503
- Li, M.H., Edwards, S. and Lee, J.H. (2002) Measuring the intrusiveness of advertisements: Scale development and validation. Journal of Advertising 31(2): pp37-47.
- Mackenzie, S. B. and R. L. Lutz (1989). An Empirical Examination of the Structural Antecedents of Attitude toward the Ad in an Advertising Pretesting Context. Journal of Marketing, 53(April 1998), pp48 - 65
- Murry, J., Lastovicka, J. L., & Singh, S. N. 1992, "Feeling and Liking Responses to Television Programs: An Examination of Two Explanations for Media-Context Effects", Journal of Consumer Research, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 441-451.
- Olsen, G. Douglas (1995), "Creating the Contrast: The Influence of Silence and Background Music on Recall and Attribute Importance," Journal of Advertising, 24 (winter), pp29-44.
- Park, C. & Thorson, E. 1990, "Influences on Emotional Response to Commercials of Different Executional Styles," in Emotion in Advertising: Theoretical and Practical Explorations, S. Agres, J. A. Edell, & T. M. Dubitsky, eds., Quorum Books, Westport, CT.
- Russell, C.A. (2002) Investigating the effectiveness of product placements in television shows: The role of modality and plot connection congruence on brand memory and attitude. Journal of Consumer Research 29(3):pp306-318.|
- Shavitt, S., P. Lowrey and J. Haefner (1998). Public Attitudes towards Advertising: More Favourable Than You Might Think. Journal of Advertising Research, 38(4), pp7 - 22. 23. Vaughn, R. 1980, "How Advertising Works: A Planning Model", Journal of Advertising Research, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 27-33. 24. Wang, C., Zhang, P., Choi, R. and DiEredita, M (2002) Understanding consumer?s attitudes toward advertising. Paper presented at 8th Americans Conference on Information Systems, Dallas, and accessed 13 July 2009
Abstract Views: 502
PDF Views: 1