Green Marketing and its Implementation in Indian Business Organizations
Purpose: Green marketing refers to holistic marketing concept wherein the production, marketing, consumption and disposal of products and services happen in a manner that is less detrimental to the environment. Over the years, a majority of consumers have realized that their behavior had a direct impact on environment. The objective of this paper is to study the implementation of Green Marketing initiatives in the Indian organizations and also highlights on the top five green marketing initiatives in the information technology (IT) sector in Bangalore. The paper also aims to understand the concepts of Green Products; green marketing mix and points out the challenges before green marketing initiators.
Methodology/Approach: The present paper studies the theoretical concepts of the green marketing, green marketing management and green products. The paper also studies the theory contributed by researchers in the area of environment marketing which includes green products, green customers, green marketing mix and ecological processes.
Time frame: The research study was conducted during the period of August 2012 to April 2013.
Value: The research paper concludes that business firms need to change their mind set from traditional marketing strategies to green marketing strategies in order to survive in the green competitive world and to have a positive impact on the environment through green marketing elements.
- Adrienne Fox (2007), “Corporate Social Responsibility Pays Off”, HR Magazine, August 2007.
- Ans Kolk(2000), “Green Reporting”, Harvard Business Review, pp15-16.
- Andrea Coombes(2007), “Deals Speed Up Hybrid Savings”, Wall Street Journal, May 2, 2007.
- Allen D. Lee and R. Conger(1996), “Market Transformation: Does It Work? The Super Energy Efficient Refrigerator Program”, Proceedings of the 1996 ACEEE Summer Study.
- Azhagaiah R.Ilangovan A. (2006), “Green Marketing and Environment Protection”, Indian Journal of Marketing, Vol.XXXVI.
- Clare D Souza, Mehdi Taghian, and Rajiv Khosla(2007), “Examination of Environmental Beliefs and Its Impact on the Influence of Price, Quality and Demographic Characteristics with Respect to Green Purchase Intention”, Journal of Targeting, Measurement and Analysis for Marketing 15, No. 2, pp69-78.
- Chad Holliday(2001), “Sustainable Growth, the DuPont Way”, Harvard Business Review,No. 8, pp129-132.
- Carol Matlack(2007), “Cleaning up with Next-Gen Jets”, Business Week, June 25, 2007,available at http://www.businessweek.com/globalbiz/
- Colleen Taylor(2006), EPA Revises Energy Star, Electronic News 52, No. 44.
- Chrissy Kadleck, Calif(2007), “Vineyard Cuts Environmental Impact”, Waste News, August 6, 2007.
- Robert A. Frosch(1996), “Toward the End of Waste: Reflections on a New Ecology of Industry”, Daedalus 125, No. 3, pp 199- 212.
- Edwin R. Stafford and Cathy L. Hartman (1996), “Green Alliances: Strategic Relations between Businesses and Environmental Groups”, Business Horizons 2 , pp50-59.
- Gert Cornelissen et all(2008), “Positive Cueing: Promoting Sustainable Consumer Behavior by Cueing Common Environmental Behaviors as Environmental”, International Journal of Research in Marketing 25, No. 1, pp46 55.
- Gro Brundtland(1987), “Our Common Future: The World Commission on Environment and Development” Oxford University Press, New York.
- H.Ramakrishna (2012),”Green Marketing in India: Some Eco-Issues”, Journal Of Marketing, Vol-42,No-11, pp.11-14.
- James Salzman and David Hunter (2007), “Negligence in the Air: The Duty of Care in Climate Change Litigation”, Working paper no. 95, Duke University Law School.
- Jeffrey R. Kosnett(2007), “GREEN is the Next Big Thing”, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, October, pp32-34.
- Jacquelyn Ottman, Edwin R. Stafford, and Cathy L. Hartman(2006), “Avoiding Green Marketing Myopia”, Environment 48, No. 5, pp22-36.
- Kevin Watkins(2008), Human Development Report 2007/2008, United Nations Development Programme, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Mark Vigneri , Ron Adams, and Ron Scrudato (2007), “Remediation for Those Hard-to-Reach Places”, Pollution Engineering 39, No.6 , pp 36-40.
- Mary Ann Falkman (2007), “Sustainability: The Wal-mart Way”, Packaging Digest 44, No. 20. Saheli Datta and Todd Woody, Technologies for a Green Future, Business (2007)
- Stuart L. Hart and Mark B. Milstein(1999), “Global Sustainability and the Creative Destruction of Industries”, Sloan Management Review 41, No. 1, pp23-33.
- Stafford(2006), Ned, Gas for the Greenhouse, Nature.
- Sandra A. Waddock, Charles Bodwell, and Samuel B. Graves(2002), “The New Business Imperative”, Academy of Management Executive 16, No. 2, pp132-148.
- Timothy Ashby(2001), “Silicon Island Cuba s Digital Revolution”, Harvard International Review 23, No. 3, pp14-18.
- Tony Kent and Dominic Stone(2007), “The Body Shop and the Role of Design in Retail Branding”, International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management 35, No. 7, pp531-543.
- The Editors of Consumer, Reports Consumer Reports Buying Guide 2008.
- Thakur Girish and Joshi Nitin M. (2009), “An Investigation Of Customers Awareness With Reference To Green Marketing Of Automobiles”, Indian Journal Of Marketing, Vol:XXXIX.
- Welling & Chavan Anupam .S. (2010), “Analyzing the Feasibility of Green Marketing in SME's”, Asia-Pacific Journal of Research in Business Management, Vol-1, Issue-2.
Abstract Views: 1253
PDF Views: 0