Open Access Subscription Access
A Comparative Study on Inclination Towards Entrepreneurship Among Male and Female Management Students in Semi Urban Towns With Special Reference to Kanchipuram
The government of India has taken lot of initiatives like Start up India, Institutional Innovation Council, and encouraging incubators with the priority of creating entrepreneurs across all communities. Whether these are first generation entrepreneurs or next generation entrepreneurs from traditional family businesses, today there are lot of platforms available to promote entrepreneurship starting from the institutional level and then there are other sources to develop them further. This paper was an attempt to identify the inclination of management graduates towards entrepreneurship and further we also attempted to do a comparative study of ambition and its influencing factors in semi urban town. This paper analysed students’ opinion about entrepreneurship, the challenging factors, the inspiration and role played by the institution, internet etc. The study has revealed a better picture where students have a zeal for entrepreneurship and have better understanding about it.
Entrepreneurship, Female Entrepreneurs, Inclination of Entrepreneurship, Social Media for Entrepreneurship, Suburban.
- Abdullah, F. A., & Samah, B. A. (2014). Factors influencing inclination toward agriculture entrepreneurship among students in agriculture learning institute. Asian Social Science, 10(2), 273–278. doi: 10.5539/ass.v10n2p273
- Dollinger, M. (2008). Entrepreneurship. Marsh Publications.
- Keat, O. Y., Selvarajah, C. T., & Meyer, D. (2011). Inclination towards entrepreneurship among university students: An empirical study of Malaysian university students. International Journal of Business and Social Science, 2(4), 206–220.
- Kirzner, I. M. (2015). Competition and entrepreneurship. University of Chicago press.
- Mahajar, A. J. B., & Yunus, J. B. M. (2012). Inclination towards entrepreneurship among Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris students. The Journal of Global Business Management, 8(2), 248–256.
- Mustapha, M., & Selvaraju, M. (2015). Personal attributes, family influences, entrepreneurship education and entrepreneurship inclination among university students. Kajian Malaysia, 33, Supp.1, 155–172.
- Patel, B., & Chavda, K. (2013). Rural entrepreneurship in India: Challenge and problems. International Journal of Advance Research in Computer Science and Management Studies, 1(2), 28–37, 2013.
- Scarborough, N. M., & Zimmerer, T. W. (2003). Effective small business management: An entrepreneurial approach. NJ : Prentice Hall.
- Sergeant, J., & Crawford, J. (2001). National Youth Entrepreneurship Attitude Survey. Canberra, Department of Industry, Science and Resources Emerging Industries Section.
- Smith, D. T. (2005). Developing self-employment among African Americans: The impact of household social resources on African American entrepreneurship. Economic Development Quarterly, 19(4), 346–355. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/0891242405279693
- Solomon, G. T., Weaver, K. M., & Fernald, L. W. (2005). Pedagogical methods of teaching entrepreneurship: An historical perspective. In R. V. D. Horst, S. King-Kauanui, & S. Duffy (Eds.) S. Malden, Keystones of entrepreneurship knowledge. MA, Blackwell Publishing Inc.
- Souitaris, V., & Zerbinati, S. et al. (2007). Does entrepreneurship programmes raise entrepreneurial intention of science and engineering students? The effect of learning, inspiration and resources. Journal of Business Venturing, 22, 566–591.
- Trivedi, R. H. (2017). Entrepreneurial-intention constraint model: A comparative analysis among post-graduate management students in India, Singapore and Malaysia. International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, 13(4), 1239–1261. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11365-017-0449-4
Abstract Views: 14
PDF Views: 2