Open Access Subscription Access
Impact of Leadership Styles on Managerial Excellence
With increasing competition due to globalization and growing interdependencies, it is essential for an organization to reevaluate its strength and bring organizational excellence. An organization has to develop managerial excellence for organizational excellence. Leadership plays a vital role in bringing cultural changes leading to managerial excellence. There are many leadership styles. Each has its own role depending on the context, function and method. The leadership style adopted by an individual depends on his personality, culture and values. This paper highlights various leadership styles and their roles for managerial excellence.
Leadership Styles, Managerial Excellence, Competitive Advantage, Culture, Values, Ethics..
- Murari, K. (2015), “Impact of Leadership Styles on Employee Empowerment”, Partridge India
- Burns, J.M, (1978), “Leadership”, N.Y, Harper and Row.
- DeGroot , T. , Kiker , D. S. , & Cross , T. C. (2000). A meta-analysis to review organizational outcomes related to charismatic leadership”, Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences,17,pp. 356 – 371.
- Bass, B.M. & Avolio, B. J. (1997), “Full range leadership development: Manual for the multifactor leadership questionnaire”, Palo Alto, CA: Mind Garden.
- Muller, R., Smith, E., Lillah, R. (2018) Perceptions regarding the impact of servant leadership on organizational performance in the Eastern Cape”, International Journal of Business and Management Studies, 10(1), pp. 46-62.
- Trevino, L. K., Brown, M., & Hartman, L. P. (2003); A qualitative investigation of perceived executive ethical leadership: Perceptions from inside and outside the executive suite; Human Relations, 56(1), pp.5-37.
- Nanus, B. (1992), Visionary Leadership: Creating a Compelling Sense of Direction for Your organisation, Jossey-Bass Publishers, San Francisco, CA.
- Hersey, P. and Blanchard, K.H. (1977), “Management of Organizational Behavior: Utilizing Human Resources”, New Jersey/Prentice Hall.
- Antonakis J, Avolio BJ, Sivasubramaniam N. Context and leadership: An examination of the nine-factor fullrange leadership theory using the multifactor leadership questionnaire. Leadership Quarterly, 14(3), pp. 261-295.
Abstract Views: 17
PDF Views: 1