Open Access Subscription Access
Stratergies and Interventions to Manage Multi-generational Workforce in Organizations
The conceptual paper entitled- "Strategies and Interventions to Manage Multi-generational workforce in organizations" examines work place perspectives of Multi-generational diversity. Organization is a composition of multiple generations at the workplace together in crucial relationships, as colleagues, supervisors, and subordinates; clients'etc. Understanding the multi-generation workforce today is a key focus for corporate India, it has matured with people of different generations working together. It is well known that differences in skills, work values, attitudes and overall approach to life exist across generations. These generational differences have positive and negative impact on organizations. This study is based on the secondary sources of data with an extensive review of literature. This paper examines the interventions to manage generational diversity and strategies to collaborate multiple generational workforces. This paper enhances the theoretical knowledge and practical implications of workforce diversity. Where, organizations can leverage the strengths from each generation to create competitive advantage for their organizations.
Multi-generation, Diversity, Business Impact, Strategies For Multi-generational Collaboration
- Ansoorian, A., Good, P., & Samuelson, D. (2003). Managing generational differences. Leadership, 34e35.
- Aghazadeh, S-M, 2006, 'Managing workforce diversity as an essential resource for improving organizational performance', International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 53(5/6), 521-531.
- Joshi A Dencker, J,C Franz G & Martocchio J J (2010), Unpacking generational identities in organizations , Academy of management Review, 35 (3), 392e414
- Matthew Legas M.S & Cynthia Sims.(2011) "Leveraging Generational Diversity in today's Workplace" Online Journal of workforce Education and Development Volume 5 Issue 3
- Vasanthi srinivasn, (2012) "Multi-generation in the workforce: building Collaboration, IIMB Management Review, March
- A report on "The smart workplace, 2030' by J o h n s o n controls a v a i l a b l e online http://johnsoncontrols.com
- Erickson T, (2010) "Generational differences between India and the US, available online at www. Harvardbusiness.org Blog. Accessed on 02.06.2012
- "Just India Generational study" available on line at http://www.scribd.com/doc/38059578/snapshot-jst-indian-generations-2010study Accessed on 02.07.2012
- Krywulak, T., & Roberts, M. Winning the "generation wars" making the most of generational differences and similarities in the workplace . Availableonline at: http://www.aqesss.qc.ca/docs/pdf/i-media/20091126/ConferenceBoard_CompeteGeneration_Wars.pdf Accessed 03.05.12.
- "Indian human resource management and talent mindset", SHRM REPORT, availableonline at http://www.shrm.org/reserach/
- . Brennan,B.(2010).Generationaldifferences. Availableonlineat:http://www.paperage.com/issues/jan_feb2010/01_2010generational_differences.pdf
- Roongterngsuke, S."Attracting and retaining multigenerational workforce in china, India and Thailand", SHRM Annual Conference 2010 presentation Available online at http://sapphire.shrm.org/annualconferenceondemand/2010-annualconference
Abstract Views: 924
PDF Views: 448