Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
The Flying Wing UAV Using Classical Control Theory
This paper describes modeling design procedure of a flying wing UAV which is a tailless fixed wing aircraft and has no definite fuselage, with respect of the crew, payload and equipment being housed inside the main wing structure. In this thesis a 6 degree-of-freedom mathematical model describing the aircraft dynamics is first presented, then using these equations, the derivatives of the parameters and system identification of simplified, linear lateral and longitudinal models are estimated for the tailless aircraft. A detailed modeling procedure of flying wing UAV and stability analysis results using the linearized model at trim condition are represented. Finally, we have designed the flying wing UAV using classical control theory.
Control, Designe, Model, UAV.
- O. I. Elgerd, Electric Energy Systems Theory: An Introduction, Tata McGraw-Hill, New Delhi, 1983.
- O. I. Elgerd, Electric Energy Systems Theory: An Introduction, McGraw Hill Co., 2001.
- O. I. Elgerd, and C. E. Fosha, “Optimum megawatt-frequency control of multiarea electric energy systems,” IEEE Transactons on Power Apparatus and Systems, vol. PAS-89, no. 4, pp. 556-563, April 1970.
- D. Rerkpreedapong, A. Hasanovic, and A. Feliachi, “Robust load frequency control using genetic algorithms and linear matrix inequalities,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 855-861, 2003.
- T. C. Yang, H. Cimen, and Q. M. Zhu, “Decentralized load-frequency controller design based on structured singular values,” IEE Proceedings - Generation, Transmission and Distribution, vol. 145, no. 1, pp. 7-14, 1998.
- P. Kundur, Power System Stability and Control, Mc-Grall Hill, New York, 1994.
- S. P. Ghosal, “Multi-area frequency and tie-line power flow control with fuzzy logic based integral gain scheduling,” Journal of the Institution of Engineers (India): Electrical Engineering Division, vol. 84, no. 3, pp. 135-141, 2003.
- S. P. Ghosal, “Application of GA/GA-SA based fuzzy automatic generation control of a multi-area thermal generating system,” Elec. Pow. Sys. Res., vol. 70, no. 2, pp. 115-127, July 2004.
- M. L. Kothari, J. Nanda, D. P. Kothari, and D. Das, “Discrete-mode automatic generation control of a two-area reheat thermal system with new area control error,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 730-738, May 1989.
- K. Venkateswarlu, and A. K. Mahalanabis, “Load frequency control using output feedback,” Journal of the Institution of Engineers (India), pt. El-4, vol. 58, pp. 200-203, February 1978.
- S. Pothiya, I. Ngamroo, S. Runggeratigul, and P. Tantaswadi, “Design of optimal fuzzy logic based PI controller using multiple tabu search algorithms for load frequency control,” International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 155-164, April 2006.
- M. L. Kothari, J. Nanda, D. P. Kothari, and D. Das, “Discrete-mode automatic generation control of a two-area reheat thermal system with new area control error,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 730-738, June 1989.
- D. K. Chaturvedi, P. S. Satsangi, and P. K. Kalra, “Load frequency control: A generalized neural network approach,” International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 405- 415, 1999.
- E. Cam, and I. Kocaarslan, “Fuzzy logic controller in interconnected electrical power systems for load-frequency control,” International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, vol. 27, no. 8, pp. 542-549, 2005.
Abstract Views: 110
PDF Views: 0