Effective Customer Satisfaction Factors of Fixed Broadband Service Providers in India
BACKGROUND: It’s stated by the ITU broadband report 2012 that only the country which adopts the upcoming broadband technology can be linked with the globe. If not it will be isolated. AIM: To determine the effect of network, service and price characteristics on customer satisfaction of the fixed broadband service offered by the service providers.
METHODOLOGY: Sampling technique is convenience sampling. Region of study is Pondicherry. Descriptive statistics, Factor analysis, Regression tools are used for the study.
RESULTS/FINDINGS: Sample respondents’responses of demographic items are identified. The data reduction analysis has reduced the items into two factors. Network and service characteristics have greater effect on the predictor variable customer satisfaction.
CONCLUSIONS: The service providers have to concentrate on the price characteristics which act as one of the key tool in retaining the customers in this tough competitive environment.
- Aaker, D. A.,2006, 'Measuring Brand Equity Across Products and Markets', California Management review, 38(3), 102-120.
- Ali, I. A. (2010)., Ali,J.F., Rehman,K.,Yilmaz, A. K., Safwan, N. & fsal, H., 2010, 'Determinants of Consumer Retention in Cellular Industry of Pakistan', African Journal Of Business Management, 12(4), 2402-2408.
- Gustafsson , A., Roos, I.,& Edvardson, B., 2004, 'Consumer Clubs in a relationship Perspective: A Telecom Case', Managinng Service Quality, 14(2/3), 157-168.
- Gustafsson , A., Johnson, M.D., & Roos, I., 2005, 'The Effects of Customer Satisfaction, Relationship CommitmentDimensions, and Triggers on Custoemr Retention', Journal of Marketing, 69, 210-218.
- Haque, A., Khatibi,A., Raquib, A., Manmud, S.A., 2007, 'Customer Perception & its Choice Mobile Telecom Service Provider in Malaysia', Journal Of International Business & Economics.
- Hair, J. F., Anderson, R. E., Tatham, R.L., Black, W.c., 1992, Multivariate Data Analysis, 3rd Edition, Macmillan, New York.
- Hennig-Tharau, T., & Klee, A., 1997, 'The Impact of Custoemr Satisfaction and Relationship Quality on Customer Retention: A Critical Reassesssment and Model Development', Psycology & Marketing, 14(8), 737-764.
- Hermann, A., Xia, L., Monroe, K.B., Huber. F., 2007, 'The Influence of Price fairness on customer satisfaction: an empirical test in the context of automobile purchases', Journal of Product and Brand Management, 49-58.
- Junoh,A.,& Racoob, M. R.B.,2011, ' Determinants of customer Satisfaction towards broadband services in Malaysia'International journal of rEview, Humanities & Technology, 2(2), 123-134.
- Kotler, P. & Armstrong, G, 1996, 2010, Principles of Marketing. Pearson.
- Kotler, P.& Armstrong, G, 2010,Principles of Marketing. Pearson.
- Lewis, B. R., & Mitchell, V. W., 1990, 'Defining and Measuring the Quality of Customer Service', Marketing Intelligence & Planning, 8(6), 11-17
- OECD, 2008,Broadband Growth and Policies in OECD countries, SEOUL, OECD.
- Oliver, Richard, L., 1997, Satisfaction: A Behavioral Perspective on the Consumer, New York: McGraw Hill.
- Qian, S., Peiji, S., & Quanfu, Y., 2011,'An Integratedanalysis Framework for Custoemr Value, custoerm Satisfactory, Switching Barriers, Repurchase Intention and Attitudinal Loyalty: Evidence from China Mobile Data services',Management science and Angineering, 5(3), 135-142.
Abstract Views: 170
PDF Views: 0