Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
A Short Review on the Formulation of Transdermal Dermal Drug Delivery System (TDDS)
The transdermal drug delivery systems (TDDS) are drug delivery system that gives rapid, the immediate therapeutic effect of the drug across the patient’s skin and its different layers. They are also called as patches. More than 75% of the drugs, now a day’s, are taken orally and are not very much effective. To overcome these problems, the transdermal drug delivery system has been evolved. The advantage of transdermal patches is that they deliver the drugs for better systemic effects at a controlled and a predetermined rate. This drug delivery system also endorses the controlled release of drug medicament into the skin of the patients. The chief aim of this drug delivery system is to deliver the drug contents into the systemic circulation through the permeation of skin at a predetermined rate. This article is an overview of different types of transdermal patches, their various method of preparation as well as their various physicochemical evaluation methods. The present study is performed for the motivation of the graduates towards publication and research. Hence, we have encouraged the graduates to prepare an informative article on the present subject.
TDDS, Systemic Circulation, Transdermal Patches, Systemic Effects, Drug Medicament, Novel Drug Delivery System.
- Latheeshjlal.L, Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems: An Overview, International Journal of PharmTech Research. 2011, 3(4) :2140-2148.
- Hafeez, A Recent Advances in Transdermal Drug Delivery System (TDDS): An Overview, Journal of Scientific and Innovative Research. 2013; 2(3): 733-744.
- Kumar, J. A. Transdermal Drug Delivery System: An Overview, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review and Research. 2010; 3(2): 748-765.
- Raza, R. Approaches and evaluation of Transdermal drug delivery system, International Journal of Drug Development & Research. 2015; 7 (1): 222-233.
- Premjeet, S. Transdermal Drug Delivery System (Patches), Applications in Present Scenario, International Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Chemistry, IJRPC. 2011; 1(4).
- Sachan, R. Transdermal Drug Delivery System: A Review, International Journal of Research and Development in Pharmacy and Life Sciences. 2013; 3(1): 748-765.
- Sharma, N. A Review: Transdermal Drug Delivery System: A Tool For Novel Drug Delivery System, International Journal of Drug Development & Research, 2011; 3(3).
- Ayesha, S. Transdermal Drug Delivery System, International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research .2017; 9(1): 35-43.
- Tanwar, H. Transdermal Drug Delivery System: A Review, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, IJPSR, 2016; Vol. 7(6): 2274-2290.
- Mali, A. D. An updated review on transdermal drug delivery systems, International Journal of Advances in Scientific Research. 2015; 1(06): 244-254.
- Mujariya, R. A review on Transdermal Drug Delivery System, Research J. Science and Tech. 2011; 3(6): 227-231.
- Singh M.C., Naik A.S., Sawant S.D. Transdermal Drug Delivery System With Major Emphasis On Transdermal Patches: A Review. Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2010; 3(10): 2537-2543.
- Yadav B, Sharma B, Saroha K. Transdermal Patches: A Discrete Dosage Form. International Journal of Current Pharmaceutical Research. 2011; 3(3): 98-108.
- Shaila L, Pandey S and Udupa N. Design and Evaluation of Matrix Type Membrane Controlled Transdermal Drug Delivery System of Nicotin Suitable for Use in Smoking Cessation. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2006; 68: 179-184
- Jain NK. Advances in controlled and novel drug delivery, 1st Ed., CBS Publishers and Distributors, New Delhi, 2001: 108-110.
- Mishra AN. Transdermal Drug Delivery, Controlled and Novel Drug Delivery, first edition, CBS publication. 1997: 100–129.
- Prajapati, S.T., Patel, C. G., Patel, C. N. Formulation and Evaluation of Transdermal Patch of Repaglinide, International Scholarly Research Network. 2011; 11: 1-10.
- Prabhu, P., Shah, S., Gundad, S. Formulation, Development and investigation of domperidone transdermal patches, International journal of pharmaceutical investigation. 2012; 1(4): 240-246.
- Kumar, R.S., Jain, A. Nayak,S. Development and evaluation of transdermal patches of Colchicine, Der Pharmacia Letter, 2012; 4(1):330-343.
- Rastogi, V., Yadav, P. Transdermal drug delivery system: An overview, Asian Journal of Pharmaceutics. 2012; 6(3), 161-170.
- Arunachalam, A., Karthikeyan, M., Kumar, V. D., Prathap, M., Sethuraman, S., Ashutoshkumar, S., Manidipa, Transdermal Drug Delivery System: A Review, Current Pharmaceutical Research. 2010; 1(1): 70-81.
- Kapoor D., Patel, M. and Singhal M. Innovations in Transdermal drug delivery system, International Pharmaceutical Sciencia. 2011. 1 (1), 54-61
- Patel RP, Baria AH. Formulation and Evaluation Consideration of Transdermal Drug Delivery System. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2011; 3: 1-9.
Abstract Views: 17
PDF Views: 0