Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
A Study of Impact Investment in South-East Asian Countries
The emergence of the concept of impact investment came alive a decade ago and became a new class of social finance assets. The aim with which this term was introduced was to affect a positive social impact and aid in construction of a stable investment market. The investment platform so created does not only cater to the investor’s impulse to invest their capital where their morals lie but also impacts the nation as a whole over the mere financial benefit through the overall societal development. Furthermore, impact investment also focuses on increasing the influx of private capital investments towards eradicating environmental and societal issues. Thus, owing to the ever-increasing importance of impact investment, this paper aims to study the concept and analyze the role of impact investment in south-east Asian countries.
Impact Investment, Socially Responsible Investing, South-East Asian Counties, PIIs, DFIs. JEL: C12, G23, N25.
- Brandstetter, L., and Lehner, O. M. (2015). Opening the Market for Impact Investments: The Need for Adapted Portfolio Tools. Entrepreneurship Research Journal. doi:10.1515/erj-2015-0003
- Clarkin, J. E., and L. Cangioni, C. (2015). Impact Investing: A Primer and Review of the Literature. Entrepreneurship Research Journal. doi:10.1515/erj-2014-0011
- Daggers, J.and Nicholls, A. (2016). The Landscapeof Social Impact Investment Research: Trends and Opportunities. Retrieved from Said Business School, University of Oxfordwebsite:https://www. sbs.ox.ac.uk/sites/default/files/research-projects/CRESSI/docs/the-landscape-of-social-impact-investment-research.pdf
- Erickson, D. J. (2014). Secondary markets. In New Frontiers of Philanthropy: A Guide to the New Tools and New Actors that are Reshaping Global Philanthropy and Social Investing. OUP USA.
- Evans, M. (2013). Meeting the challenge of impact investing: how can contracting practices secure social impact without sacrificing performance? Journal of Sustainable Finance and Investment, 3(2), 138–154. doi:10.1080/20430795.2013.776260
- Global Impact Investing Network. (2018). The Landscape for Impact Investing in Southeast Asia [PDF file]. Retrieved from http:// https://thegiin.org/assets/GIIN_SEAL_full_digital_webfile.pdf
- Grabenwarter, U., and Liechtenstein, H. (2011). In search of gamma: an unconventional perspective on Impact Investing. Working Paper.
- Hebb, T. (2013). Impact investing and responsible investing: what does it mean? Journal of Sustainable Finance and Investment, 3(2), 71–74.
- Jackson, E. T. (2013b). Interrogating the theory of change: evaluating impact investing where it matters most. Journal of Sustainable Finance and Investment, 3(2), 95–110.
- Lazzarini, S. G., Cabral, S., De, L. C., Ferreira, M., Pongeluppe, L. S., and Rotondaro, A. (2014). The Best of Both Worlds? Impact Investors and Their Role in the Financial versus Social Performance Debate. Working Paper.
- McWade, W. (2012). The Role for Social Enterprises andSocial Investors in the DevelopmentStruggle. Journal of Social Entrepreneurship, 3(1), 96–112. doi:10.1080/19420676.2012. 663783
- Nicholls, A., and Emerson, J. (2015a). Impact investing: a market inevolution. In Social Finance. Nicholls, A., Nicholls, J., and Emerson, J. (2015). Measuring social impact. In Social Finance. OUP.
- Nicholls, A., and Schwartz, R. (2014). The demand side of the social investment marketplace. In New Frontiers of Philanthropy: A Guide to the New Tools and New Actors that are Reshaping Global Philanthropy and Social Investing. OUP USA
- Ormiston, J., and Charlton, K., Donald, M., and Seymour, R. (2015) Overcoming the Challenges of Impact Investing: Insights from Leading Investors. Journal of Social Entrepreneurship, 6(3), 352-378.
- Pandit, V, and Tamhane T. (2017). Impact Investing: Purpose-driven finance finds its place in India. Retrievedfromhttps://www.mckinsey.com/~/media/mckinsey/industries/private%20equity%20and%20principal%20investors/our%20insights/impact%20investing%20finds%20its%20place%20in%20india/impact-investing-finds-its-place-in-india.html
- Reeder, N., and Colantonio, A. (2013). Measuring Impact and Nonfinancial Returns in Impact Investing: A Critical Overview of Concepts and Practice. Working Paper.
- Schwartz, R., Jones, C., and Nicholls, A. (2015). Building the socialfinance infrastructure. In Social Finance. OUP.
- Wharton Social Impact Initiative, Gray, J., Ashburn, N., Douglas, H.,and Jeffers, J. (2015). Great Expectations: Mission Preservation and Financial Performance in Impact Investments
Abstract Views: 7
PDF Views: 0