Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
A Study on Awareness of Cyber Crime and Security
Usage of internet has become a daily routine for majority of people for day-to-day transactions. The number of internet users has grown tremendously and so does cyber-crimes. Cyber-crime is the crime that is done using computer and network. The threat of cyber-crime is an ever present and increasing reality in both the private and professional sectors. With the advent of internet, old crimes have taken on a new appearance. The purpose of this research is to make awareness regarding cyber-crimes which are happening in today’s world and also to create awareness of increased cyber security. This paper attempts to analyze the awareness of cyber-crime among internet users with different age groups and educational qualifications. Linear Regression Model has been applied for analyzing both the objectives. This paper finds that there is a relationship exists between the age groups and educational qualification of the respondents. So, it is the duty of one and all internet users to be aware of the cyber-crime and security and also help others by creating awareness among them.
Cyber-Crime, Cyber Criminals, Cyber Security, Internet, IT Act, Awareness.
- Aggarwal, Gifty (2015), General Awareness on Cyber Crime. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering. Vol 5, Issue 8.
- Aparna and Chauhan, Meenal (2012), Preventing Cyber Crime: A Study Regarding Awareness of Cyber Crime in Tricity. International Journal of Enterprise Computing and Business Systems, January, Vol 2, Issue 1.
- Archana Chanuvai Narahari and Vrajesh Shah (2016).Cyber Crime and Security – A Study on Awareness among Young Netizens of Anand.International Journal of Advance Research and Innovative Ideas in Education.Vol-2 Issue-6.
- Avais, M. Abdullah et.al. (2014), Awareness regarding cyber victimization among students of University of Sindh, Jamsharo. International Journal of Asian Social Science, Vol. 4(5): 632-641
- Hasan et al., (2015), Perception and Awareness of Young Internet Users towards Cybercrime: Evidence from Malaysia. Journal of Social Sciences, Vol. 11 (4): 395.404
- Jamil D. and Khan M.N.A. (2011), Data Protection Act in India with Compared To the European Union Countries. International Journal of Electrical and Computer Sciences, Vol: 11 No: 06.
- Mehta, Saroj and Singh, Vikram (2013), A Study of Awareness aboutCyber laws in the Indian Society. International Journal of Computing and Business Research, January, Vol.4, Issue. 1.
- Parmar, Aniruddhsinh and Patel Kuntal (2016), Critical Study and Analysis of Cyber Law Awareness among Netizens. Conference: International Conference on ICT for Sustainable Development, At http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-981-10-0135-2_32, Volume: 409
- Singaravelu, S and Pillai, K. Perumal (2014), B.Ed. Students Awareness on Cybercrime in Perambalur District. International Journal of Teacher Educational Research (IJTER) Vol.3 No.3 March.
- The Times of India(July 22, 2017), http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/one-cybercrime-in-india-every-10-minutes/articleshow/59707605.cms
- www.statista.com,2016, https://www.statista.com/statistics/309020/india-mobile-phone-internet-user-growth/
Abstract Views: 5
PDF Views: 0