Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Necessity of Universal Banking Services with Comparison between SBI and ICICI Bank
Why the necessity of study of universal banking services because the universal banking has witnessed a unique growth over the past ten years. Universal banking system has become the boon to the banking sector. The rise of universal banking offers a unique setting for investigating the banking firm-level real effects of financial development. Universal banking refers to a financial institution offering commercial as well as investment banking services which also include services related to savings, loans and investments but in real practice, institutions which offer a wide range of financial services, beyond commercial banking, investment, investment banking and various other activities including insurance are regarded as universal banking. The resulted that the comparisons of both banks have universal banking system which is affecting the profitability and efficiency of the banks. The objectives of the study are to identify the various factors which affect universal banking in India, to check the relationship of universalisation on efficiency and profitability of State Bank of India and ICICI Bank and also to compare the efficiency and profitability between State Bank of India and ICICI Bank.
Commercial, Efficiency, Investment Banking, Profitability, Universal Banking.
- L. Gyongyi, and A. D. Morrison, “Tying in universal banks,” Review of Finance, vol. 16, pp. 481-516, 2011.
- J. B. More, “Impacts of universal banking,” International Referred Research Journal, vol. 1, no. 9, 2010.
- S. M. T. Zafar, “A study on universal banking and its impact on India financial market,” Journal of Business Management & Social Sciences Research, vol. 1, no. 2, 2012.
- S. Banerjee, A. H. Chen, and S. C. Mazumdar, “Universal banking under bilateral information asymmetry,” Journal of Financial Services Research, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 169-187, 2002.
- L. M. Bhole, Financial Institutions and Markets: Structure, Growth and Innovations, 4th ed., New Delhi: Tata McGraw Hill Publishing Company Limited, 2004.
- G. Singh, “New innovations in banking industry (A study of new private sector banks),” In G. S. Batra, and R. C. Dangwal, (eds.), Banking and Development Finance - New Vistas, New Delhi: Deep & Deep Publications Pvt. Ltd, pp. 36-63, 2001.
- A. Muge, “Were universal banks more vulnerable to banking failures? Evidence from the 1931 German Banking crisis,” 2009.
- P. Dash, and L. M. Bhole, “Does universal banking improve the efficiency and productivity: A study of Indian banking sector,” 43rd Conference of the Indian Econometrics Society, January 2007.
- A. N. Berger, and G. F. Udell, “Universal banking and the future of small business lending,” Edited by A. Saunders and I. Walter, Financial System Design: The Case for Universal Banking, Burr Ridge, IL, Irwin Publishing, pp. 559-627, 1995.
- C. W. Cameron, “Universal banking and US banking in the 1990s,” International Journal of Social Economics, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 12-19, 1995.
- C. Gilyop, P. Wonsun, and R. S. Kyojik, “Universal banking and the accuracy of bank affiliated analysts forecasts,” 2010.
- G. Gorton, and F. A. Schmid, “Universal banking and the performance of German firms,” Working Paper, 1996.
- www.banknetindia.com/banking/ubfeature.htm: Universal Banking: introduction, RBI rules and regulations, Universal Banking in India
- www.answers.com/topic/universal-banking: Universal Banking: definition
- www.investopedia.com/terms/u/universalbanking.aspUniversal Banking: definition
- www.cato.org/pubs/journal/cj13n2/cj13n2-8.pdf Universal Banking: Future
Abstract Views: 58
PDF Views: 0