A Case Study of Ageing People:Real Life Scenario and Future Challenges
With people having longer lives, the share of older people in the total population is expanding rapidly, leading many retirees to face a challengeable life. Support from government and family are being reduced for the old aged people and they are left alone when they get too old. This study concentrates on real life cases of a retired person and other person who is yet to retire. A detailed analysis in this study brings out the need and precautions to be considered to have a secure retirement life for the upcoming retirees. The habit of saving is been given more importance and the time to initiate such habit has been established in this study. The study reveals out how one should be aware of upcoming events and plan accordingly to lead a peaceful retirement life.
- Agarwal, G.N. (2010). India specific legislation, environment and practices – pension & other retirement benefits. Institute of Actuaries of India, version – 1.08, 1-49. Retrieved from https://www.actuariesindia.org/syllabus/india_specific_legislation_ver_1_08%20_ august%202010_gna.pdf
- Arokiasamy, P., Bloom, D., Lee, J., Feney, K., & Ozolins, M. (2012). Longitudinal aging study in India: Vision, design, implementation, and preliminary findings. In James P. Smith and Malay Majmundar (Eds.), National Research Council (US), pp. 39-71.
- Washington D.C.: The National Academic Press. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK109220/
- Bhattacharjya, A. S. & Sapra, P. K. (2008). Health insurance in China and India: segmented roles for public and private financing. Health Affairs, 27(4), 1005-1015.
- Bloom, D. E. Mahal, A. Rosenberg, L. & Sevilla, J. (2010). Economic security arrangements in the context of population ageing in India. International Social Security Review, 63, 59–89.
- Bloom, D.E. & Luca, D.E. (2016). The global demography of aging: Facts, explanations, future. Program on the global demography of aging, Working paper, Harvard University, 10163, 5-6. Retrieved from http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/pgda/working/
- Bloom, D.E. (20011b). India’s baby boomers: Dividend or disaster? Current history, 110(735), 148-149.
- Bloom, D.E. (2011). Population dynamics of India and implications for economic growth. Harvard Program on the Global Demography of Aging Working Paper, 65, 126. Retrieved from harvard.edu/pgda/working.htm
- Chatterji, S., Kowal, P., Mathers, C., Naidoo, N., Verdes, E., James, P., Smith & Suzman, R. (2008). The health of aging populations in China and India. Health Affairs, 27(4), 1052-1063.
- Donald, W. (1978). Coping with change in retirement. Canadian Family Physician Journal PubMed Central, 24, 133-136.
- Ekerdt, D. J., Hackney, J., Kosloski, K., & DeViney, S. (2001). Eddies in the stream: the prevalence of uncertain plans for retirement. Journals of Gerontology Social Sciences, 56(3), S162–S170.
- Froggatt, P. (2007). Life after retirement. British Medical Journal, 335, 1320-1324. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.39419.431944.AD
- Gupta, S. (2017, August 15). Raymond man Vijaypat Singhania has a message for parents. NDTV. Retrieved from https://www.ndtv.com/mumbai-news/raymonds-man-vijaypat-singhania-has-a-message-for-parents-1737624
- Gupta, S. (2017, August 9). How 'Raymond' man Vijaypat Singhania went from riches to rags. Retrieved from http://www.deccanchronicle.com/business/economy/090817/how-indias-raymond-man-went-from-rich-to-broke-thanks-to-his-son.html
- Haub, C. & Gribble, J. (2011). The World at 7 Billion. Population Bulletin Population Reference Bureau, 66(2), 8-9.
- Hershey, D. A., & Mowen, J. C. (2000). Psychological determinants of financial preparedness for retirement. The Gerontologist, 40(6), 687–697.
- Husain, K. & Ghosh, S. (2011). Is health status of elderly worsening in India? A comparison of successive rounds of national sample survey data. Journal of Biosocial Science, 43(2), 211-231.
- Indian Express. (2016, April 23). Going on 60 Policymakers and politicians can no longer afford to ignore India’s rising elderly population. Retrieved from http://indianexpress.com/article/opinion/editorials/senior-citizen-population-indiapolicies2766240/
- Kerstin, G. R., Astrid, D.W., Marjan, J.W., Jan, F.Y., Allard, J.V. & Goedele, A.G. (2013). All those things together made me retire: Qualitative study on early retirement among Dutch employees. BMC Public Health, 13(516), 1-11. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2458-13-516
- National policy for older persons: ministry of social justice and empowerment government of India Shastri Bhawan. (1999). Retrieved from http://socialjustice.nic.in/writereaddata/UploadFile/National%20Policy%20for%20Older %20Persons%20Year%201999.pdf.
- OECD (2017). Preventing ageing unequally. Paris, OECD Publishing. Retrieved from http://dx.doi.org/10.1787/9789264279087-en
- Pereira, T. Shetty, S. & Chande, M. (2016). Study of retirement plan among dental professionals in Navi Mumbai, India: A comprehensive questionnaire survey. Ann Trop Med Public Health, 9(3), 159-164. Retrieved from http://www.atmph.org/text.asp?2016/9/3/159/181654
- Praveen, S. (2013). Retirement medifinance. Indian Journal of Clinical Practice, 24(3), 287.
- Ray, B. (2016). Indian millennia’s not preparing for retirement: Study. (1999, November 30). Retrieved from http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/indian-employees-inadequatelypreparedfor-retirement-survey/1/599495.html.
- Sastry, N. S. (2007). Estimating informal employment and poverty in India. United Nations development programme, 7, 1-83. Retrieved from http://www.undp.org/content/dam/india/docs/estimating_informal_employment_poverty _india.pdf.
- Scommegna, P. (2012). Today’s research on ageing. Population Reference Bureau, (25), 1-6. Retrieved from https://assets.prb.org/pdf17/TRA%20Alzheimers%20and%20 Dementia.pdf.
- Shailesh, S.T., Jain, S.C., & Soni, R. (2017). A study on perception of individuals towards retirement planning. International Journal of Applied Research, 3(2), 154-157.
- Subaiya, L. & Bansod, D.W. (2011). Demographics of population ageing in India. Building Knowledge Base on Population Ageing in India, 1, 1-24.
- TNM staff. (2017, December 19). FRDI Bill: People fear losing their hard-earned money, online petition goes viral. Retrieved from https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/frdi-bill-people-fear-losing-their-hard-earned-money-online-petition-goes-viral-73381.
- Uppal, S. & Sarma, S. (2007). Aging, health, and labour market activity: The case of India. World Health and Population, 9(4), 79-97.
- Vyapak, H., (2015, June 7). Retirement planning an important goal: survey. Business Line. Retrieved from https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/money-andbanking/ retirement-planning-an-important-goal-survey/article7291914.ece
- World Bank. (2001). India: The challenge of old age income security. Report No. 22034IN, 1-87.
Abstract Views: 135
PDF Views: 0