Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Fundamental Research Analysis of Real Estate Sector:A Case Study of IRB Infrastructure and Developers Ltd.
Fundamental analysis is true to its name in being a fundamental research tool to explore the potential of a particular industry or company which can be very helpful in making investment decision. It can also be used to forecast the price of equity. The present study undertakes fundamental analysis for the Real Estate sector in India. The sequential breakup of the study includes conceptual understanding of fundamental analysis followed by the analysis for the sector in context. The top-down approach has been used - economic analysis followed by industry analysis and finally company level analysis has been done for IRB Infrastructure and Developers Ltd. The data for the study has been gathered from documented and online sources. Also valuable insights were obtained from personal interactions with industry experts. All the three stages have made heavy use of qualitative data and company level analysis includes quantitative financial analysis - all of which have helped to arrive at qualitative judgment about the potential of the company and industry for potential investment.
Fundamental Analysis, Economic Analysis, Industry Analysis, Company Analysis, Real Estate, Investment.
- Abardanell, J. S., & Bushee, B.J. (1997). Fundamental analysis, future earnings, and stock prices. Journal of Accounting Research,35(1), 1-24.
- Anand, A. (2016, February 29). Potential winning stocks on D-Street after ArunJaitley's union budget. Retrieved from https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/markets/stocks/news/potential-winning-stocks-on-d-street-after-arun-jaitleys-union-budget-2016/articleshow/51189492.cms
- Arora, S. (2017). India: property- rebounding GDP positive for real estate sector. Retrieved from http://www.colliers.com/-/media/files/apac/india/market%20insights/2017-colliers-india-flash-report-rebounding-gdp-positive-%20for-real-estate-sector.pdf
- Baresa, S., Bogdan, S. &Ivanovic, Z. (2013). Strategy of stock valuation by fundamental analysis. Special Issue, UTMS Journal of Economics 4(1), 45-51. Retrieved from http://utmsjoe.mk/files/Vol.%204%20No.%201/1-5-B-Baresa-Bogdan-Ivanovic.pdf
- Calandro, J. (2009). Applied Value Investing. New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Faerber, E. (2008). All about stocks. New York: Mc Graw Hill.
- FICCI. (2015). Survey report on „Impact of FDI reforms on Indian real estate sector‟. Retrieved from http://ficci.in/Sedocument/20342/survey-fdi-retail.pdf
- Figurska, M. & Wisniewski, R. (2016). Fundamental analysis-possibility of application on the real estate market. Real Estate Management and Valuation, 24(4), 35-46.
- Fischer, D. E. & Jordan, R. J. (1995). Security analysis and portfolio management. New York: Prentice-Hall.
- GOI. (2017). Total Foreign Direct Investment Equity Inflows from 2000-01 to 2016-17. Retrieved from https://community.data.gov.in/total-foreign-direct-investment-equity-inflows-from-2000-01-to-2016-17/
- IBEF. (2017). Real estate sector in India. Retrieved from IBEF website: https://www.ibef.org
- Jones, C. P. (2007). Investment: analysis and management. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- KPMG. (2017a). Indian real estate - unfolding the new era of growth. Retrieved from https://home.kpmg.com/in/en/home/insights/2017/08/transformation-real-estate.html
- KPMG. (2017b). Building, construction and real estate union budget 2017-18 Post Budget sectoral point of view. Retrieved from https://home.kpmg.com/content/dam/kpmg/in/pdf/2017/02/Building-Construction-and-Real-Estate.pdf
- Limaye, A. (n.d.). Find out: 2 real estate cycles that changed the industry. Retrieved from https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/personal-finance/-1619091.html
- Lui, Y. H. & Mole, D. (1998). The use of fundamental and technical analysis by foreign exchange dealers: Hongkong evidence. Journal of International Money and Finance, 17(3), 535-545.
- Luniewska, M.T. (2013). Definition and nature of fundamental strengths - Economic theory and history of economic thought. Actual problems of economics. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/280937272_Malgorzata_Tarczynska-Luniewska_DEFINITION_AND_NATURE_OF_FUNDAMENTAL_STRENGTHS
- MOSPI. (2017). Press note on second advance estimates of national income 2016-17 and quarterly estimates of gross domestic product for the third quarter (Q3) of 2016-17. Retrieved from the website of Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation: www.mospi.nic.in
- Mukherji, S., Dhatt, M.S. & Kim, Y.H. (1997). A fundamental analysis of Korean stock returns. Financial Analysts Journal, 53(3), 75–81.
- Oberoi, R. (2017, April 7). Realty stocks surge up to 85% this year; is there more steam left in them? Retrieved from https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/markets/stocks/news/realty-stocks-surge-up-to-85-this-year-is-there-more-steam-left-in-them/articleshow/58060336.cms
- Penman, S. H. (1991). An evaluation of accounting rate-of-return. Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance, 6(2), 233-255.
- Reinganum, M. R. (1988). The anatomy of a stock market winner. Financial Analysts Journal, 44(2), 16-28.
- Singla, A. (2017, October 13). Real estate poised for mega growth, but challenges for construction business remain. Financial Express. Retrieved from https://www.financialexpress.com/money/real-estate-poised-for-mega-growth-but-challenges-for-construction-business-remain/893485/
- Surdel, P. (2004). Forex-technical analysis. Warsaw: WydawnictwoZłoteMyśli.
- What ails the Indian economy? (2017, September 09). Retrieved from https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-41332272
Abstract Views: 231
PDF Views: 0