Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
An Informatics Presentation of KVK’s Libraries, Infrastructure with Special Reference to Information Communication Technologies in India
Libraries are playing pivotal role in knowledge buildings and are accepted as spiritual institutions equal to our religions places. These institutions are enlightening people with knowledge and helps us to have better means of life. Knowledge is a power which spreads peace and helps needy people to nurture themselves with light. Government of India enhances our libraries from time to time to aware people about new innovations, discoveries in the fields of science and technology. Similarly, new programmes where launched to support people from all grounds (like, students, teachers, entrepreneur’s, academicians, and farmers etc). Community based programmes has been launched to aware people about water management, agricultural activities and financial help. This paper will try, to find out the information communication technology infrastructure available in KVK’S libraries. To explore the collection and services offered by the KVK’S libraries for the users. Methodology, this paper is based on primary study 3-4 % of the population has been investigated by the help of well-designed questionnaire and analysis has been carried with the help descriptive statistics. The findings of this paper show that ICT in KVKS libraries is still under developing stage. The services are very limited for its users. KVKS libraries need more budget to facilitate users and other people who are taking help from these libraries directly or indirectly.
KVK’s Libraries, Farmers, Services, Infrastructure.
- ATMA (Agriculture Technology Management Agency) Guidelines 2014 under National Mission on Agricultural Extension & Technology.
- Allyson, S. (n.d.). The Writing Centre, University of Toronto at Scarborough. Retrieved 20 December 2017 from http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/~ctl/twc/terms.html
- Bagga, M. (2010). A way to empower Krishi Vigyan Kendra 2010. Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India.
- Balaji, V. (2009). The fate of agriculture. Retrieved 22 December, 2017 from http://www.indiaseminar.com/2009/597/balaji.html.
- Barah, B. C. (1998). Seminar was organised by the NCAP on the occasion of the ICAR’s celebration of the 50th year of Independence of India’, New Delhi 1998.
- Boote, D. N., & Beile, P. (2005). Scholars before researchers: On the centrality of the dissertation literature review in research preparation. Educational Researcher, 34(6), 3-15.
- Cecchini, S., & Scott, C. (2003). Can information and communications technology applications contribute to poverty reduction? Lessons from Rural India. Information Technology for Development, 10, 73-84.
- Chauhan, P. B. (2004). ICT Enabled Library and Information Services. TIET, Patiyala, pp. 1-10.
- Das, A. K. (2010). Library Advocacy in India in the Light of Education for Sustainable Development - Perspectives of an Emerging Economy.
- Disterer, G. (2001). Individual and social barriers to knowledge transfer. Proceedings of the 34th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, Hawaii.
- Heeks, R., & Ospina, A. V. (n.d). ICTs and Agricultural Adaptation to Climate Change’; Climate Change, Innovation & ICTs Project; Centre for Development Informatics (CDI), University of Manchester, UK; With the support of the International Development Research Centre.
- Jayade, K. G., & Khot, P. G. (2013). Study of information communication technology in agriculture research in India. International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Computational and Applied Sciences (IJETCAS), 6(4). Retrieved 20 December 2017 from www.iasir.net
- Jehangir, R. (2003). Literature Review: Adapted from Creswell, J. W. (1994). Research Design: Qualitative and Quantitative Approaches. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Kamani, K., & Kathiriya, D. (2013). Cultivate ICT & networking: The role of social media in agriculture.
- Kokate, K. D. (2014). Report of the high power committee on management of Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK)’ Agricultural Extension Division Indian Council of Agricultural Research.
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, South Tripura (ICAR Research Complex for NEH Region). Retrieved 20 December, 2017 from www.kvksouthtripura.org.in Kumar et al; 2009, Approach to ICT in Library Training, Education and Technology: Issues and Challenges. ICAl: pp. 667-669.
- Kumar, S. (2012). Use of ICT in college libraries in Karnataka, India: A survey, e-post.
- Mittal, S., Gandhi, S., & Tripathi, G. (2010). Socio-economic impact of mobile phones on Indian agriculture. Working Paper 246. New Delhi: Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations.
- Mohamd, K. H. (2007). Use of ICT base recourse and services in special libraries of Kerala. Annals of Library and Information Science, 54, 23-21.
- Sahoo; T. (2013). Infrastructure and Use of ICT in University Libraries of Rajasthan Library Philosophy and practices e-journal.
- Samaddar, A. (2006). Traditional and post-traditional: A study of agricultural rituals in relation to technological complexity among rice producers in two zones of West Bengal, India. Journal of Culture and Agriculture, 28(2), 108-121.
- Saravanan, R. (2010). ICTs for agricultural extension: Global experiments, innovations and experiences. New India Publishing Agency, New Delhi.
- Sulaiman, R. V., Thummuru, L., Hall, A., & Dijkman, J. (2011). Tacit knowledge and innovation capacity: evidence from the Indian livestock sector. Knowledge Management for Development Journal, 7(1), 32-44.
- Thyagaraj, C. R., Prasad, M. S., & Nirmala, G. (2009). KVK Three decades in services of farmers of Ranga Reddy district. Central Research Institute for dry land Agriculture, Hyderabad.
- Sreenivasulu, V., & Nandwana, H. B. (2001). Networking of agricultural information system and services in India. INSPEL, 35(4), 226-235.
- httpsVinitha, K., Kanthimathi, S., & Tharani Devi, K. (2006). Impact of Information and Communication Technology on Library and its Services. In Proceeding of DRTC – ICT Conference on Digital Learning Environment 11th-13th January 2006 DRTC, Bangalore, 1-7.
- Yadav, K., R. Sulaiman V., Yaduraju, N. T., Balaji, V., & Prabhakar, T. V. (2014). ICTs in Knowledge Management: A Case of Agropedia. Crisp Working Paper No 2014 - 001.
Abstract Views: 21
PDF Views: 0