Open Access Subscription Access
Performance Evaluation of the Cloud-based QR Code Identity Tag System with Cloudlets
In this paper, a QR Code Identity Tag System designed for Turkish healthcare and served through the cloud is presented. The system designed is a distributed information management system as the medical data objects are geographically distributed over the system. The data objects are geographically distributed as they are placed on servers closest to the geographical location where they are most frequently required. This enables that the data is always available and the access is provided in minimum time. Additionally, to improve the performance the system employs Mobile Edge Computing technology in the form of cloudlets. The simulation results show that system performance improves as the number of cloudlets used increases and popularity threshold decreases.
Cloud Computing, E-Health, Mobile Edge Computing, Object Retrieval, Personal Health Records.
- Uzun V & Bilgin S, Evaluation and implementation of QR Code Identity Tag system for healthcare in Turkey, Springerplus, 5(1) (2016) 1454.
- Dewangan B K, Agarwal A, Choudhury T, Pasricha A & Chandra Satapathy S, Extensive review of cloud resource management techniques in industry 4.0: Issue and challenges, Softw: Pract Exper, (2020) 1–20.
- Sharma T, Choudhury T & Kumar P, Health Monitoring & Management using IoT devices in a cloud based framework, in International Conference on Advances in Computing and Communication Engineering (ICACCE), Jun 22–23, 2018.
- Khanna A, Sah A & Choudhury T, Intelligent Mobile Edge Computing: A deep learning based approach, in International Conference on Advances in Computing and Data Sciences, 24–25 April 2020.
- Kumar A Nirmal, Efficient utilization of virtual instances by suspend resume strategy in cloud data center, J Sci Ind Res, 79(06) (2020) 526–530.
- Yang Y, Li X, Qamar N, Liu P, Ke W, Shen B & Liu Z, Medshare: a novel hybrid cloud for medical resource sharing among autonomous healthcare providers, IEEE Access, 6 (2018) 46949–46961.
- Muhammed T, Mehmood R, Albeshri A & Katib I, UbeHealth: a personalized ubiquitous cloud and edge-enabled networked healthcare system for smart cities, IEEE Access, 6 (2018) 32258–32285.
- Kavitha R, Kannan N, Nazneen R & Zubar H A, Cloud computing integrated with testing to ensure quality, J Sci Ind Res, 75 (2016) 77–81.
- Wang S, Zhang X, Zhang Y, Wang L, Yang J & Wang W, A survey on mobile edge networks: Convergence of computing, caching and communications, IEEE Access, 5 (2017) 6757–6779.
- Abbas N, Zhang Y, Taherkordi A & Skeie T, Mobile edge computing: A survey, IEEE Internet Things J, 5(1) (2018) 450–465.
- Mach P & Becvar Z, Mobile Edge Computing: A Survey on Architecture and Computation Offloading, IEEE Commun Surv Tutor, 19(3) (2017) 1628–1656.
- Mao Y, You C, Zhang J, Huang K & LetaiefKB, A Survey on Mobile Edge Computing: The Communication Perspective, IEEE Commun Surv Tutor, 19(4) (2017) 2322–2358.
- Kumar P, Gupta A & Kumar S, Dynamic Key Based Algorithm for Security in Cloud Computing Using Soft Computing and Dynamic Fuzzy Approach, J Sci Ind Res, 78(09) (2019) 596–600.
- Sen S & Sen S, iPaaS–Cloud Solution for the Cloud Problem, Sci Rep, 55(12) (2018) 44–45.
- www.minutemansoftware.com/ (26 October 2020).
Abstract Views: 10
PDF Views: 2