Open Access Subscription Access
An Efficient Source Localization Method in Presence of Multipath using Smart Antenna System
In this paper, a MATLAB based smart antenna testbed that efficiently localizes the line-of-sight (LOS) source in the presence of multipath signals is developed. By exploiting the consistent amplitude nature of the LOS signal, a variant of Constant Modulus Algorithm, namely Multitarget-Least Square Constant Modulus Algorithm is employed to adapt and update the weights of the smart antenna for estimation of the direction-of-arrival (DOA) of the of the LOS and multipath interference signals. Performance is compared with the conventional and recently proposed algorithms in the same testbed with alike considerations. Simulation result shows that the proposed method of DOA estimation performs better in terms of probability of resolution and root mean square error.
Array Processing, DOA Estimation, LOS, LS-CMA, Multipath Transmission, Smart Antennas.
- Treichler J R and Agee B G, A new approach to multipath correction of constant modulus signals, IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, ASSP-31(2) (1983) 459–472.
- Agee B G, the least square CMA: A new technique for rapid correction of constant modulus signals, in International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, Tokyo, 1986.
- Ganguly S, Ghosh J and Kishore P K, Performance analysis of array signal processing algorithms for adaptive beamforming, in URSI Asia Pacific-Radio Science Conference, New Delhi, 2019.
- Liu G, Chen H, Sun X and Qiu R C, Modified MUSIC algorithm for DOA estimation with Nyström approximation, IEEE Sensors Journal, 16(12) (2016) 4673–4674.
- Bakhshi G and Shahtalebi K, Role of the NLMS algorithm in direction of arrival estimation for antenna arrays, IEEE Communications Letters, 22(4) (2018) 760–763.
- Sharma A and Mathur S, Performance analysis of adaptive array signal processing algorithms, IETE Technical Review, 33(5) (2016) 472–491.
- Saxena P and Kothari G A, Performance analysis of adaptive beamforming algorithms for smart antennas, in Proc IERI2014 International Conference on Future Information Engineering, Beijing, 2014.
- Gross F, Smart antennas, in Smart Antennas With MATLAB, 2nd edn (McGraw -Hill Education, New York) 2015 pp. 237–296.
Abstract Views: 8
PDF Views: 3