Open Access Subscription Access
Heat Transfer and Pressure Drop Investigation in a Circular Tube by the use of Various Kinds of Inserts
The ability of a traditional heat exchanger in transferring heat requires improvement for conveying a considerable proportion of energy at cheaper rate and amount. For augmenting the heat transfer coefficient, different means have been employed. However, the use of inserts has become an assured method in enhancing heat transfer through endurable escalation of frictional losses. The grinding factor improvement proportions are observed to be in the scope of 2.68-3.43, 3.14-4.14, 4.30-5.34, 5.22-6.18 and 6.53-6.96 for the previously mentioned configurations of additions.The objective of the investigation is the examination of a circular tube fitted with multiple inserts with regard to its characteristics related to fluid flow & heat transfer; these inserts are organized in co-swirl and counter-swirl directions.
Nusselt Number (Nu), Reynolds Number (Re), F, Twisted Tape (TT) Inserts.
- Eiamsa-ard S, Thianpong C & Promvonge P, Experimental investigation of heat transfer and flow friction in a circular tube fitted with regularly spaced twisted tape elements, Int Commun Heat Mass 33 (2006) 1225–1233.
- Eiamsa-ard S & Promvonge P, Heat transfer characteristics in a tube fitted with helical screw-tape with/without core-rod inserts, Int Commun Heat Mass 34 (2007) 176–185.
- Thianpong C, Eiamsa-ard P, Wongcharee K & Eiamsa-ard. S, Compound heat transfer enhancement of a dimpled tube with a twisted tape swirl generator, Int Commun Heat Mass 36 (2009) 698–704.
- Eiamsa-ard S, Wongcharee S, Eiamsa-ard P & Thianpong C, Heat transfer enhancement in a tube using delta-winglet twisted tape inserts, Appl Therm Eng 30 (2010) 310–318.
- Eiamsa-ard S, Thianpong C & Eiamsa-ard P, Turbulent heat transfer enhancement by counter/co-swirling flow in a tube fitted with twin twisted tapes, Exp Therm Fluid Sci 34 (2010) 53–62.
- Eiamsa-ard S & Promvonge P, Performance assessment in a heat exchanger tube with alternate clockwise and counter-clockwise twisted-tape inserts, Int J of Heat Mass Tran 53 (2010) 1364–1372.
- Wongcharee K & Eiamsa-ard S, Heat transfer enhancement by twisted tapes with alternate-axes and triangular, rectangular and trapezoidal wings, Chem Eng Process 50 (2011) 211–219.
- Pethkool S, Eiamsa-ard S, Kwankaomeng S & Promvonge P, Turbulent heat transfer enhancement in a heat exchanger using helically corrugated tube, Int Commun Heat Mass 38 (2011) 340–347.
- Wongcharee K & Eiamsa-ard S, Friction and heat transfer characteristics of laminar swirl flow through the round tubes inserted with alternate clockwise and counter-clockwise twisted-tapes, Int Commun Heat Mass 38 (2011) 348–352.
- Eiamsa-ard S, Wongcharee K & Promvonge P, Influence of Non uniform Twisted Tape on Heat Transfer Enhancement Characteristics, Chem Eng Comm, 199:1279–1297, 2012.
- Nanan K, Thianpong C, Promvonge P & Eiamsa-ard S, Investigation of heat transfer enhancement by perforated helical twisted-tapes, Int Commun Heat Mass 52 (2014) 106–112.
- Promvonge P & Eiamsa-ard S, Heat transfer behaviors in a tube with combined conical-ring and twisted-tape insert, Int Commun Heat Mass 34 (2007) 849–859.
- Kongkaitpaiboon V, Nanan K & Eiamsa-ard S, Experimental investigation of heat transfer and turbulent flow friction in a tube fitted with perforated conical-rings, Int Commun Heat Mass 37 (2010) 560–567.
- Faizal M & Ahmed MR, Experimental studies on a corrugated plate heat exchanger for small temperature difference applications, Exp Therm Fluid Sci 36 (2012) 242–248.
- Vashistha C, Patil AK & Kumar M, Experimental investigation of heat transfer and pressure drop in a circular tube with multiple inserts. Appl Therm Eng, 2016. 96: p. 117-129.
- Shukla MK & Sharma K, Effect of Carbon Nanofillers on the Mechanical and Interfacial Properties of Epoxy Based Nanocomposites: A Review. Pleiades publishing, ltd 2019: 439-460.
- Kumar A, Sharma K & Dixit RA, A review of the mechanical and thermal properties of graphene and its hybrid polymer nanocomposites for structural applications: J Mater Sci 2018.
Abstract Views: 1
PDF Views: 0