Open Access Subscription Access
Pulmonary Tumor Detection by virtue of GLCM
As per the technical evolution and latest trend, Image processing techniques has become a boon in medical domain especially for tumor detection. Presence of tumor in Lungs which leads to lung cancer is a prominent and trivial disease at 18%. This is important to be detected at early stage thereby decreasing the mortality rate. The survival rate among people increased by early diagnosis of lung tumor. Detection of tumor cell will improve the survival rate from 14 to 49%. The aim of this research work is to design a lung tumor detection system based on analysis of microscopic image of biopsy using digital image processing. This can be done using Gray Level Co-Occurrence Matrix (GLCM) method and classified using back propagation neural network. This method is used for extracting texture features based on parameters such as contrast, correlation, energy, and homogeneity from the lung nodule. The microscopic lung biopsy images are classified into either cancer or non-cancer class using the artificial neural network algorithm. The proposed system has proven results in lung tumor detection and diagnosis.
Gray Level Co-Occurrence Matrix, Microscopic Lung Biopsy, Artificial Neural Network Algorithm
- Kusworo A, Catur E W, Arispuji W, Rahmat G, Adi P & Rizky, Detection of Lung Cancer Using Gray Level Co-Occurrence Matrix (GLCM) and Back Propagation Neural Network Classification, J of Engg Sci & Tech Rev 11 (2) (2018)
- Kalaivani S, Pramit C, Shikhar J & Rishi G, Lung cancer detection using digital image processing and artificial neural networks, Int Conf of Elect, Comm & Aero Tech Dec (2017).
- Pooja R & Anuradha T, Detection of Lung Cancer Stages using Image Processing and Data Classification Techniques, Int Conf of Conv In Tech (2017).
- Munimanda P C, Venkateshwara M & Rajinikanth T, Detection of Lung Cancer Using Digital Image Processing Techniques: A Comparative Study, Int J of Med Imag, 5(5) (2017).
- Snehal D, Shubhangi C, Sneha J & Arjun N, A review paper on computer aided system for lung cancer detection, Int Conf of Big Data, IoT & Data Sci 2(1) (2017).
- Badrul A M & Mohammad A Y, Detection of lung cancer from CT image using image processing and neural network, Int Conf On Elec. Engg & Info Comm Tech (2015)
Abstract Views: 1
PDF Views: 0