Open Access Subscription Access
Stability Enhancement of Power System with UPFC Using Hybrid TLBO Algorithm
Power sector's complexity has been increasing due to rising demand—distributed generation and deregulation have greatly increased the complexity of the power system. Flexible Alternating Current Transmission System (FACTS) devices improve the quality of power by increasing the power transfer capability. This paper proposes an optimal power flow analysis using a Modified Teaching Learning Based Optimization (MTLBO) algorithm followed by an optimal placement of UPFC in the system. The proposed analysis has been validated and implemented on an IEEE 30 bus system.
UPFC, Stability Enhancement, FACTS, MTLBO, Power Flow Optimization.
- Adebayo I G, Aran Bhaskhar M, Yusuff AA & Jimoh A A, Optimal location identification of FACTS devices through genetic algorithm and the network structural characteristics techniques, IEEE Int Conf on Renew Ener Res and Appl, (2016) 778-782.
- Rezaee Jordehi A, Optimal allocation of FACTS devices for static security enhancement in power systems via imperialistic competitive algorithm (ICA), Appl Soft Comp, 48 (2016) 317-328.
- Shah I, Srivastava N & Sarda J, Optimal placement of multi-type facts controllers using real coded genetic algorithm, Int Conf on Elec Electron and Opt Tech, (2016) 482-487.
- Bhattacharyya B & Kumar S, Loadability enhancement with FACTS devices using gravitational search algorithm, Int J of Elec Pow and Ener Sys,78 (2016) 470-479.
- Nascimento S D & Gouvea M M, Voltage stability enhancement in power systems with automatic facts device allocation, Ener Proc, 107 (2017) 60-67.
- Kavitham K & Neela R, Comparison of BBO, WIPSO & PSO techniques for the optimal placement of FACTS devices to enhance system security, Proc Tech, 25 (2016) 824-837.
- Venugopal D & Jayalaxmi A, Optimal Placement of Facts Devices Using Particle Swarm Optimization Technique for the Increased Loadability of a Power System, IOSR J of Elec and Electron Eng, 10 (2015) 20-26.
- Inkollu S R & Kota V R, Optimal setting of FACTS devices for voltage stability improvement using PSO adaptive GSA hybrid algorithm, Eng Sci and Tech, an Int J,19 (2016) 1166-1176.
Abstract Views: 1
PDF Views: 0