Open Access Subscription Access
Impact of Cultural Differences on the Results of Overseas Mergers and Acquisitions by Chinese Enterprises
This study examines 154 Chinese enterprises that completed overseas mergers and acquisitions (M&As) between 2008 and 2017. Based on Hofstede's cultural dimension theory, the cultural distance variable is calculated and the short-term impact of cultural differences on Chinese enterprises’ overseas M&As outcomes is then quantitatively analyzed through multiple linear regression analysis.
Cultural Differences, Overseas M & As, Effect of M & As.
- Feng M & Zheng Z F, An empirical study on the factors influencing the performance of Chinese enterprises' overseas m & a, Macroeconomics, (01) (2016) 93-100.
- Sun S W, He X J &Wang C, Cultural Distance and Corporate Value Created via Overseas M＆A, Finance & Trade Economics, 39(06) (2018) 130-146.
- Pei Z & Peng F, Cultural Distance and Chinese Overseas M&A Performance: An Empirical Study Based on Cross-border M＆A Experience, Econ Survey, 36(05) (2019) 72-78.
- Yan B, Modeling the Effects of Innovative Leadership on Productivity and Profitability, J Sci Ind Res, 77(03) (2018) 164-167.
- Feng M, Yu K H, Wang X Y & Hao R. An Empirical Analysis on the Influence of Technological Innovation on Performance of Iron and Steel Industry, J Sci Ind Res, 76(07) (2017) 397-400.
- Fernández-Gámez M A, del Castillo A, Alaminos D, Santos J A C & Alcoforado E, Corporate Reputation, Financial Performance and Earnings Quality, J Sci Ind Res, 78(01) (2019) 15-18.
- Hsieh K L, Achieving yield construction and process analysis in TFT-LCD industry based on critical layers and areas, J Sci Ind Res, 66(11) (2007) 891-897.
Abstract Views: 1
PDF Views: 0