Health Status of Cycle Rickshaw Pullers in Allahabad (India)
Occupation is one of the most important extrinsic factors which have the major impact on health. Pedalling the tricycle rickshaw is a most stressful job. Rickshaw Pullers are extensively exposed to the air pollutants in conjunction with strenuous exercise. In the present study demographic details along with nutritional status, hygiene status and morbid conditions were obtained from fifty Rickshaw Pullers (RPs) in Allahabad.
- Azer NZ, McNall PE, Leung HC. Effects of heat stress on performance. Ergonomics.1972; 15(6):681–91. PMid: 4652866.https://doi.org/10.1080/00140137208924468
- Gadepalli S. Rickshaws in the new millennium Appropriate Technology. ProQuest Central. 2006; 33:4.
- Hancock PA, Vasmatzidis I. Effects of heat stress on cognitive performance: The current state of knowledge. Int J Hyperthermia. 2003; 19(3):355–72. PMid: 12745975. https://doi .org/10.1080/0265673021000054630
- Pradhan C. Anthropometric characteristics of Indian cycle Rickshaw Pullers. Journal of Human Ergology. 2010; 39(2): 79–88.
- Sahu S, Maity SG, Moitra S, Sett M, Haldar P. Cardiovascular load during summer work of two age groups of van-Rickshaw Pullers in West Bengal, India. Int J Occup Saf Ergon. 2013; 19(4):657–65.PMid: 24321644. https://doi.org/10.1080/10803548.2013.11077019
Abstract Views: 3
PDF Views: 1