Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Numerical Study on the Effect of Angle of Inclination on Magnetoconvection Inside Enclosure with Heat Generating Solid Body
Convective ow and heat transfer of uid inside a square en- closure having heat generating solid body, with various thermal boundary conditions is investigated numerically. The top wall of the enclosure is adiabatic, both the bottom and right walls are kept at constant temper- ature, while the left wall is heated using sin function. Numerical simu- lations is carried out by solving the governing equations using SIMPLE algorithm by means of the nite-volume method with power-law scheme. The important parameters focused are angle of inclination of the enclo- sure, area ratio of solid-enclosure, Hartmann number and temperature dierence ratio of solid- uid, which are ranges 0o - 90o, 0:0625 - 0:5625, 0 - 100 and 0 - 50, respectively. Thermal conductivity ratio of solid- uid is xed as 5 and Rayleigh number as 105.
Angle of Inclination, Convection, Finite Volume Method, Hartmann Number and Sinusoidal Heating.
- An, C., Vieira, C.B., Su, J., Integral transform solution of natural convection in a square cavity with volumetric heat generation, Braz. J. Chem. Eng. 30 (2013), 883-896.
- Basak, T., Roy, S., Balakrishnan, A.R., Effects of thermal boundary conditions on natural convection flows within a square cavity, Int. J. Heat Mass Trans. 49 (2006), 4525-4535.
- Bhuvaneswari M, Sivasankaran S, Kim Y.J., Magnetoconvection in a square enclosure with sinusoidal temperature distributions on both side walls, Numer. Heat Transfer: Part A. 59 (2011), 167-184.
- Casado, A.R., Flor, F.J.S., Vera, E.C., Ramos, J.S., New natural convection heat transfer correlations in enclosures for building performance simulation, Engi. Appli. Comp. Flud Mech. 11 (2017), 340-356.
- Davis, G.D.V., Natural convection of air in a square cavity: A benchmark numerical solutions, Int. J. Numer. Metho. Flud. 3 (1983), 249-264.
- Devaraj, C., Muthuswamy, E., Kandasamy, S., Numerical investigation of laminar natural convection in inclined square enclosure with the influence of discrete heat source, J. Appl. Mathematics, Article ID 985218, In press.(2015)
- House J.M., Beckermann, C., Smith, T.F., Effect of centered conducting body on natural convection heat transfer in an enclosure, Numer. Heat Trans. Part A: Appl. 18 (1990), 213-225.
- Joshi, M.V., Gaitonde, U.N., Mitra, S.K., Analytical study of natural convection in a cavity with volumetric heat generation, J. of Heat Trans. 128 (2006), 176-182.
- Lage J.I., Bejan, A., The resonance of natural convection in an enclosure heated periodically from the side, Int. J. Heat Mass Trans. 36 (1993), 2027-2038.
- Nithyadevi, N., Umadevi, P., Natural convection around a heat conducting and generating solid body inside a square enclosure with different thermal boundaries, J. Kor. Soc. Indus. Appl. Mathematics. 19 (2015), 459-479.
- Nithyadevi, N., Umadevi, P., Natural convection in a tilted square enclosure having heat generating solid body and with various thermal boundaries, Procedia Eng. 127 (2015), 1235-1242.
- Obayedullah, M., Chowdhury, M.M.K., Rahman, M.M., Natural convection in a rectangular cavity having internal energy sources and electrically conducting fluid with sinusoidal temperature at the bottom wall, Int. J. Mech. Mater. Eng. 8 (2013), 73-78.
- Oh, J.Y., Ha, M.Y., Kim, K.C., Numerical study of heat transfer and flow of natural convection in an enclosure with a heat-generating conducting body, Numer. Heat Trans. Part A: Appl. 31 (1997), 289-303.
- Oztop, H.F., Oztop, M., Varol, Y., Numerical simulation of magneto-hydrodynamic buoyancy induced flow in a non-isothermally heated square enclosure, Commun. Nonlinear Sci. Numer. Simulation. 14 (2009), 770-778.
- Oztop H.F., Al-Salem, K., Varol, Y., Pop, I., Firat, M., Effects of inclination angle on natural convection in an inclined open porous cavity with non-isothermally heated wall, Int. J. Numer. Methods Heat Fluid Flow. 22 (2012), 1053-1072.
- Patankar, S.V., Numerical Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow, Hemisphere, Washington, DC, 1980.
- Patil, P.M., Effects of free convection on the oscillatory flow of a polar fluid through a porous medium in the presence of variable wall heat flux, Jou. Engi. Phy. Thermo. 81 (2008), 905-922.
- Patil, P.M., Kulkarni, P.S., Free convective oscillatory flow of a polar fluid through a porous medium in the presence of oscillating suction and temperature., Jou. Engi. Phy. Thermo. 82 (2009), 1138-1145.
- Pirmohammadi, M., Ghassemi, M., Effect of magnetic field on convection heat transfer inside a tilted square enclosure, Int. Commun. Heat Mass Trans. 36 (2009), 776-780.
- Pirmohammadi, M., Effect of inclination angle on magneto-convection inside a tilted enclosure, Magnetics-IEEE Trans. 46 (2010), 3697-3700.
- Rudraiah, N., Barron, R.M., Venkatachalappa, M., Subbaraya, C.K., Effect of a magnetic field on free convection in a rectangular enclosure, Int. J. Eng. Sci. 33 (1995), 1075-1084.
- Sarris, I.E., Kakarantzas, S.C., Grecos, A.P., Vlachos, N.S., MHD natural convection in a laterally and volumetrically heated square cavity, Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer. 48 (2005), 3443-3453.
- Sarris, I.E., Lekakis, I., Vlachos, N.S., Natural convection in a 2D enclosure with sinusoidal upper wall temperature, Numer. Heat Transfer: Part A, 42 (2002), 513-530.
- Sathiyamoothy, M., Basak, T., Roy, S., Steady natural convection flows in a square cavity with linearly heated side wall(s), Int. J. Heat Mass Trans. 50 (2007), 766-775.
- Tsay, Y.L., Cheng, J.C., Chang, T.S., Enhancement of heat transfer from surface-mounted block heat sources in a duct with baffles, Numer. Heat Transfer Part A: Appl. 43 (2003), 827-841.
- Varol, Y., Oztop, H.F., Koca, A., Ozgen, F., Natural convection and fluid flow in inclined enclosure with a corner heater, Appl. Therm. Eng. 29 (2009), 340-350.
- Wu, F., Wang, G., Numerical simulation of natural convection in an inclined porous cavity under time-periodic boundary conditions with a partially active thermal side wall, The Roy. Soc. Chem. Adv. 7 (2017), 17519-17530.
Abstract Views: 45
PDF Views: 2