Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Effects of Rotation, Radiation and Hall Current on MHD Flow of a Viscoelastic Fluid Past an Infinite Vertical Porous Plate through Porous Medium with Heat Absorption, Chemical Reaction and Variable Suction
The present study analyses the effects of Hall current and heat absorption on a viscous, incompressible, optically thick and electrically conducting viscoelastic fluid flow past an infinite vertical porous plate through porous medium in rotating system with variable suction, thermal radiation and chemical reaction in the presence of uniform magnetic field. The perturbation technique is employed to solve the governing nonlinear partial differential equations to obtain the expressions for velocity, temperature and concentration profile. With the help of graphs and tables, the effects of pertinent flow parameters on the velocity, temperature and concentration fields, shear stress, Nusselt number and Sherwood number within the boundary layer are discussed. The results reveal that the observed parameters in rotating system have a noteworthy influence on the ow, heat and mass transfer.
Viscoelastic Fluid, Chemical Reaction, Thermal Radiation, Hall Current.
- Ariel, P.D., The flow of a visco-elastic fluid past a porous plate, Acta Mech. 107(1994), 199-204.
- Chandra R.P., Raju M.C., Raju G.S.S., Thermal and solutal buoyancy effect on MHD boundary layer flow of a visco-elastic fluid past a porous plate with varying suction and heat source in the presence of thermal diffusion, J. Appl. Computat. Math 4(2015), 249-255.
- Chang, T.B., Mehmood, A., Anwar Beg, O., Narahari, M., Islam, M.N., Ameen, F., Numerical study of transient free convective mass transfer in a Walters-B viscoelastic flow with wall suction, Commun. Nonlinear Sci. Numer. Simul. 16(2011), 216-225.
- Chaudhary, R.C., Jain, P., Hall effect on MHD mixed convection flow of a viscoelastic fluid past an infinite vertical porous plate with mass transfer and radiation, Theoret. Appl. Mech. 33(2006), 281-309.
- Chinyoka, T., Two-dimensional flow of chemically reactive viscoelastic fluids with or without the influence of thermal convection, Commun. Nonlinear Sci. Numer. Simul. 16(2011), 1387-1395.
- Choudhury, R., Das, S. K., Visco-elastic MHD free convective flow through porous media in presence of radiation and chemical reaction with heat and mass transfer, Journal of Applied Fluid Mechanics 7(2014), 603-609.
- Choudhury, R., Dhar, P., Effects of MHD visco-elastic fluid flow past a moving plate with double diffusive convection in presence of heat generation, WSEAS Transactions on Fluid Mechanics 9(2014), 89-101.
- Chowdhury, M. K., Islam, M. N., MHD free convection ow of visco-elastic fluid past an infinite vertical porous plate, Heat Mass Transf. 36 (2000), 439-447.
- Cowling, T. G., Magnetohydrodynamics, Interscience Publisher, Inc, New York, (1957).
- Damseh, R.A., Shannak, B.A., Visco-elastic fluid flow past an infinite vertical porous plate in the presence of first-order chemical reaction, Appl. Math. Mech. 31(2010), 955-962.
- Ghosh, S.K., Shit, G.C., Mixed Convection MHD Flow of Viscoelastic Fluid in a Porous Medium past a Hot Vertical Plate, World Journal of Mechanics 2(2012), 262-271.
- Guria, M., Jana, R.N., Flow of a visco-elastic fluid past a porous plate in a rotating system, Int. J. of Applied Mechanics and Engineering 18(2013), 27-41.
- Hossain, S. I., Alam, Md. M., Eects of thermal diffusion on viscoelastic fluid flow through a vertical at plate, Procedia Engineering 105(2015), 309-316.
- Kumar, B.R., Sivaraj, R., Heat and mass transfer MHD viscoelastic fluid flow over a vertical cone and at plate with variable viscosity, Int. J. Heat Mass Transf. 56(2013), 370-379.
- Mishra, S.R., Dash, G.C., Acharya, M., Mass and heat transfer effect on MHD flow of a visco-elastic fluid through porous medium with oscillatory suction and heat source, Int. J. Heat Mass Transf. 57(2013), 433-438.
- Nayak, M.K., Dash, G.C., Singh, L.P., Unsteady radiative MHD free convective flow and mass transfer of a viscoelastic fuid past an inclined porous plate, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering 40(2015), 3029-3039.
- Nowiski, J.L., Ismail, I.S., Application of multi-parameter perturbation method to elastostatics in development to theoretical and applied mechanics, II Pergamon Press, (1965).
- Olajuwon, B.I., Oahimire, J.I., Ferdow, M., Eect of thermal radiation and Hall current on heat and mass transfer of unsteady MHD flow of a viscoelastic micropolar fluid through a porous medium, Engineering Science and Technology 17 (2014),185-193.
- Umamaheswar, M., Varma, S. V. K., Raju, M. C., Unsteady MHD free convective visco-elastic fluid flow bounded by an infinite inclined porous plate in the presence of heat source, viscous dissipation and Ohmic heating, International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology 61(2013), 39-52.
- Uwanta, I.J., Isah, B.Y., Ibrahim, M.O., Viscoelastic fluid flow past an infinite vertical plate with heat dissipation, Int. J. Comput. Appl. 36 (2011), 17-24.
Abstract Views: 32
PDF Views: 1