An Assessment of Macrophyte and Water Characteristics of Pahar Dighi, Purba Medinipur, West Bengal
A preliminary survey of macrophytic plant species and water quality of Pahar Dighi wetland of Mahishadal Raj Garh area, Purba Medinipur, West Bengal is conducted. Altogether 38 plant species belonging to 27 families have been documented and different physico-chemical parameters of water studied are reported.
- Bala, G. and Mukherjee, A. 2007. A census of wetland macrophytes in Nadia district, West Bengal. Environ. & Ecol., 25: 287-290.
- Bala, G. and Mukherjee, A. 2010. Inventory of wetlands of Nadia district, West Bengal, India and their characterization as natural resources. J. Environ & Sociobiol: 7(2): 93-106.
- Cook, C. D. K. 1996. Aquatic and Wetland Plants of India. Oxford University Press, Oxford, 385 pp.
- Chowdhury, M. and Das, A. P. 2013. Present status of flora, fauna and vegetation structure in the wetlands of Maldah district of West Bengal. NBU J. Pl. Sci., 7(1): 29-34.
- Goswami, G., Pal, S., Palit, D. 2010. Studies on the physico-chemical characteristics, macrophyte diversity and their economic prospect in Rajmata Dighi: a wetland in Cooch Behar District, West Bengal, India. NeBIO., 1(3): 21-27.
- Gupta, S. and Palit, D. 2014. Biosurvilance of wetlands in eastern India (Birbhum, West Bengal) for wise use. Int. J. Sci. Environ. Technol. 3(6): 2136-2144.
- Palit, D. and Mukherjee, A. 2012. Studies on water quality and macrophyte composition in wetlands of Bankura district, West Bengal, India. Ind. J. Pl. Sci., 1(2-3): 97-115.
- Parveen, M., Chatterjee, N. C. and Tah, J. 2014. Study of macrophyte diversity with reference to their phyto-sociological study in Chupisar, West Bengal. Int. J. Pure App. Biosci., 2(2): 131-136.
- Singh, D. M. and Rajan, S. G. D. 2015. Survey of wetland macrophytes from wetlands of Haliyal Taluk. Int. J. Pure App. Biosci., 3(4): 166-172.
Abstract Views: 6
PDF Views: 0