Open Access Subscription Access
Method for Assessment and Attainment of Course and Program Outcomes for Tier-I Institutes in India
Outcome-Based Education (OBE) is an important mode for student-centered education that gives direction to measure student performance through outcomes. As per the June 2015 format of the National Board of Accreditation, it is mandatory to implement Outcome Based Education (OBE) in technical education institutes. For effective OBE execution, it becomes necessary to introduce small changes in the teaching-learning process and significant changes in the assessment tools. This paper presents the methodology to be employed for the implementation of OBE and measurement of course outcomes and program outcomes in Tier-I institutes (Autonomous) in India.
Outcome Based Education, NBA, Course Outcomes, Program Outcome, Attainment.
- Aspiring Minds. 1 (, 2019). NATIONAL EMPLOYABILITY REPORT ENGINEERS: Annual Report 2019.
- A.Kavitha, James, K. I. A., K.A.Harish, & V.Rajamani, D. (2018). A Empirical Study on Co Po Assessment & Attainment for NBA Tier-II Engineering Accreditation Towards Empowering the Students through Outcome-Based Education. International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, 118(20), 2615–2624.
- Drakshayani, D. N. (2016). A preliminary study on the attainment of course outcomes for outcome-based education in mechanical engineering using a case study of material science and metallurgy. 6 (5 ), 7 6–8 3. https://doi.org/10.9790/7388-0605017683
- Kanmani, B., & Babu, K. M. (2015). Continuous Improvements in Teaching-Learning-Process in Outcomes-Based Education. 28(2), 85–91.
- Kulkarni, V. A., & Ahuja, B. B. (2017). CO-PO Mapping and Attainment Booklet for Tier-II students with Rubrics Assessment. 30(3).
- Malagi, K. B., Kumar Swamy, V., & Anami, B. S. (2016). A Novel Method for Attainment Measurement of CO's and PO's for Tier-II Institutions. Journal of Engineering Education Transformations, 0 (0). https://doi.org/10.16920/jeet/2016/v0i0/85676
- Masni-Azian. (2014). Towards OBE: A Case Study of Course Outcome (CO) and Programme Outcome (PO) Attainment for Product Design and Development Course. IOSR Journal of Research & Method in Education (IOSRJRME), 4(2), 55–61. https://doi.org/10.9790/7388 04235561
- Rajanikanth, N. J. R. & K. (2019). NBA Accreditation and Teaching-Learning in Engineering (NATE)-Module 1-Week-1.
- Sawant, P. (2016). Implementation of Outcome Based Education: A Beginning. Journal of Engineering Education Transformations, 0(0). https://doi.org/10.16920/jeet/2016/v0i0/85643
Abstract Views: 2
PDF Views: 0