Revision of Undergraduate Engineering Curriculum with Emphasis on Project-Based Teaching Learning Approach - Case Study of KTU
APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University in Kerala was founded in the year 2014. The University has introduced many path breaking initiatives for modernizing and upgrading technical education in Kerala. Extensive consultations were held for the preparation of the new curriculum for the University with various stake holders including eminent academicians, distinguished industrialists, faculty members from affiliated institutions and representatives of students. A detailed survey of the existing curriculum in all the universities in Kerala was conducted prior to the preparation of the curriculum for the Technological University. This paper presents certain novel features introduced by the University in the curriculum for the under graduate programmes in engineering.
- Singh, H., Malhotra, R. and Rassewatt, K., Qualitative Assessment for Improvement of Technical Education Using Total Quality Management: A Survey, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol. 02 Issue 06, Sep., 2015.
- Economic Review 2016, State Planning Board, Kerala, Chapter 4, (2016), http://spb.kerala.gov.in/EconomicReview2016/web/chapter04_05
- John, A. K., Suryan, A., Rahman, M. A. and Isaac, K. P. (2016), Transforming Kerala-Role of University in Building Entrepreneurship,
- Journal of Engineering Education Transformations, 29(3), 118-123.
- APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Curriculum for S1 and S2, B. Tech. 2016, from https://ktu.edu.in/
- Belu R., Chiou R., Ciocal. L., Tseng B., (2016), Incorporating Sustainability Concepts and Green Design into Engineering and Technology Curricula. Journal of Education and Learning. Vol. 10 (2) pp. 93-102.
- APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Curriculum for S3 to S8, B. Tech. 2016, from https://ktu.edu.in/
- Belkin, D., (2015), Skills Gap found in College Students. The Wall Street Journal, p. A5.
- APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Academic Hand Book, 2016
- Kosky, P., Balmer, R., Keat, W., Wise, G., (2016), Exploring Engineering, 4th Edition, An Introduction to Engineering and Design, eBook ISBN: 9780128025888
- Dym, C. L., (2013), Engineering Design: A Project-Based Introduction, 4th Edition, Wiley, ISBN: 978-1-118-32458-5.
- 11. Charles M. (Ed.), (1996), Design for X, Concurrent Engineering Imperatives, Eastman, Springer.
- Luchs, M., Swan, S., Griffin, A., (2015), Design Thinking, John Wiley and Sons.
- 13. Foster, M. K., (2019), Design Thinking: A Creative Approach to Problem Solving, Management Teaching Review, https://doi.org/10.1177/2379298119871468
- Brown, T. (2008), Design Thinking, Harvard Business Review, 86(6), 84-92.
- Dam, R., Siang, T., (2018), Five stages in the design thinking process. Retrieved from https://www.interactiondesign.org/literature/article/5-stages-in-thedesign thinking-process
- IDEO, (2012), Design thinking for educators: Tool kit, Retrieved from: https://designthinkingforeducators.com/toolkit/
- Meinel, C., Leifer, L. (2012), Design Thinking Research. In Plattner, H., Meinel, C., Leifer, L. (Eds.), Design Thinking: Understand–Improve–Apply (pp. xiii-xxi). Heidelberg, Germany: Springer.
Abstract Views: 2
PDF Views: 0