E-commerce: A Gateway to Prosperity of Rural Youth in India
Mobile communications and advancement in information and communication technology has made a significant impact on socio economic culture of India. It has not only contributed to the growth of industries related to E-commerce but has also benefitted significantly, the end consumers with reduction in travel costs, delivery of better products at lower price, generation of job opportunities, and increase in market efficiency. The social benefits of mobile connectivity and E-commerce could be the reach and access to communication to rural India, stimulation of local content related to health, finance, education and agriculture. Mobile communications and E-commerce are very pertinent in this era as leads to a synergistic effect. Growth opportunities are generated to serve the rural masses and give a positive a flip to the economy. In fact, in the current parlance when we relook in the rural markets we find that it has a huge potential in terms of E-commerce in alignment with the Government policies and the outcome being synchronization with marketing and distribution network. In the current parlance it is tough to penetrate in the rural remote masses where there is no internet and a tough game to create a demand. Innovative logistics network is conceived by the rural E-commerce startups. Positive willingness to buy is created with E-commerce app to the customer buying groceries or medicines at chemist shops. To come up to the expectations of rural demand, E-commerce firms have to communicate with rural consumers in their local language to sell their products. Hence rural youth through training can create linkage in E-commerce transactions in rural India.
JEL classification: B21, F41, F43, F63.
- Source: https://www.care.org/newsroom/annual-reports accessed on June 28, 2020
- Source: https://www.care.org/newsroom/annual-reportsas accessed by authors dated 28 June, 2020
- Source: https://www.pwc.nl/nl/assets/documents/pwcannualreport-2017-2018.pdf as accessed on 28 June 2020
- Source: 2018 Report the ‘E-commerce in China: Trends and Outlook for the Largest E-Commerce Market in the World’. https://www.forrester.com/report/eCommerce+In+ China+Trends+And+Outlook+For+The+Largest+eComm erce+Market+In+The+World/-/E-RES143994
- Source: https://www.pwc.in/consulting/financial-services/ fintech/fintech-insights/the-continued-momentum-of-ecommercegrowth-in-china.htmlhttps://www.pwc.in/
- Source: https://www.fitchratings.com/Fitch report 2018
- Source: https://www.export.gov/article?id=Malaysia-ECommercehttps:// www.trade.gov/knowledge-product/exporting-malaysia-market-overview?section-nav=2162
- Source: https://www.mckinsey.com/~/media/mckinsey/featured%20insights/asia%20pacific/the%20digital%20 archipelago%20how%20online%20commerce%20is%20 driving%20i
- Source: https://www.ibef.org/industry/ecommerce.aspx 10. Source: https://www.careratings.com/
- Source: https://assets.kpmg/content/dam/kpmg/in/pdf/ 2016/12/impact-of-ecommerce-on-employment-in-india.pdf
- Market research firm Nielsen Report 2018 and McKinsey Global Institute forecasts 2018.mckinsey.com/~/ media/McKinsey/Industries/Retail/Our%20Insights/Perspectives%20on%20retail%20and%20consumer%20 goods%20Number%207/Perspectives-on-Retail-andConsumer-Goods_Issue-7.ashx
- World Bank Report 2017. https://openknowledge.worldbank.org/handle/10986/27986
- Source: Compiled by PHD Chambers of Commerce; Rural E-commerce: The Untapped Potential EY Report 2018.
- Source: https://www.censusindia.gov.in/2011Census/pes/ Pesreport.pdf
- Source: http://storeking.in
- Source: https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/ in/Documents/technology-media-telecommunications/intmtpredictions-2018-noexp.pdf
- Source: https://www.indiapost.gov.in/VAS/DOP_PDFFiles/ Post_AR_English_2017-18.pdf Annual Report 2017-18 19. Source: https://www.ilo.org/global/about-the-ilo/newsroom/ news/WCMS_627189/lang--en/index.htm
- Ramesh Chand, S. K. Srivastava and Jaspal Singh. (2017). Discussion Paper, "Changing Structure of Rural Economy of India Implications for Employment and Growth". National Institution for Transforming India, NITI Aayog November, 2017. pp. 4 https://niti.gov.in/writereaddata/files/document_ publication/Rural_Economy_DP_final.pdf
Abstract Views: 10
PDF Views: 0