Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Cloud Based Inspection:Technology for Industry 4.0
Inspection of the object is the primary step of the quality control to assure the customer. In manufacturing firm inspection is carried to conform the quality of finished product or it may be in-process but nowadays automatic inspection is further extended to intelligent inspection due to the development in the field of mechatronics, Data acquisition, Machine learning, and artificial intelligence. Cloud based inspection is the upcoming research trends in manufacturing firm to cope the need of industry 4.0. Where it is a part of the cloud manufacturing. In cloud based inspection initially data of component is captured by the measuring instrument which is capable to interface the data to cloud server. This work discusses the current theories of inspection in manufacturing firm and also it discusses the future need and scope for cloud based inspection. It focuses the cloud based inspection to enhance its performance by using advanced tools of artificial intelligence.
Inspection, Cloud Computing, Internet of Things, Image Processing, 3D Scanners.
- Jain, R.K., Engineering Metrology, Khanna Publishers, New Delhi, 20th Edition, 2011.
- Prieto, F., Redarce, T., Lepage, R. and Boulanger, P., An Automated Inspection System, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 19, pp.917-925, 2002.
- Igor, J., Pham, H.H., Orteu, J.J., Gilblas, R., Harvent, J., Maurice, X. and Brethes, L., 3D Point Cloud Analysis for Detection and Characterization of Defects on Airplane Exterior Surface, Journal of Nondestructive Evaluation, Vol. 36, No.74, 2017.
- Botta, A., Integration of Cloud Computing and Internet of Things: A Survey, Future Generation Computer Systems, 2015.
- Prasad, B., Choi, E. and Lumb, I., A Taxonomy and Survey of Cloud Computing Systems, Proceedings of the International Conference on Networked Computing and Advanced Information Management, pp.44-51, 2009.
- Liu, H., Lee, S.H. and Chahl, J.S., Registration of Multispectral 3D Points for Plant Inspection, Precision Agric, Vol.19, pp.513-536, 2018.
- Bishop, R.H., Mechatronics- An Introduction, CRC Press, Taylor and Francis Group, 2006.
- Jouaneh, M., Fundamentals of Mechatronics, Cengage Learning, 2013.
- Gonzalez, R.C., Digital Image Processing, Prentice Hall, 2nd Edition, 2002.
- Chromy,A. andZalud, L., Robotic 3D Scanner as an Alternative to Standard Modalities of Medical Imaging, SpringerPlus, pp.3-13, 2014.
- Oztemel, E. and Gursev, S., Literature Review of Industry 4.0 and Related Technologies, Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10845-018-1433-8.
- Qin, S. and Cheng, K., Future Digital Design and Manufacturing: Embracing Industry 4.0 and Beyond, Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering, Vol. 30, pp. 1047-1049, 2017.
- Fatorachian, H. and Kazemi, H.,ACritical Investigation of Industry 4.0 in Manufacturing: Theoretical Operationalisation Framework, Production Planning & Control, 2018.
- Schitter, G., Advanced Mechatronics for Precision Engineering and Mechatronic Imaging System, IFAC-PapersOnLine, Vol.48-1, pp.942-943, 2015.
- Ji, Z., Li, P., Zhou, Y., Wang, B., Zang, J. and Meng, L., Toward New-Generation Intelligent Manufacturing, Engineering, Vol. 4, pp.11-20, 2018.
- Caggiano, A., Segreto, T. and Teti, R., Cloud Manufacturing On-Demand Services for Holistic Quality Assurance of Manufactured Components, Procedia CIRP, Vol. 67, pp.144-149, 2018.
- Nahian, S.M., Liu, X.F. and Shahriar, M.R., Communication Method for Manufacturing Services in a Cyber-Physical Manufacturing Cloud, International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Vol. 31, pp.636-652, 2018.
- Zhong, R.Y., Wang, L. and Xu, X., An loT-Enabled Real-time Machine Status Monitoring Approach for Cloud Manufacturing, The 50th CIRP Conference on Manufacturing Systems, Procedia CIRP, Vol. 63, pp.709-714, 2017.
- Nguyen, C.H.P. and Choi, Y., Comparison of Point Cloud Data and 3D CAD Data for On-Site Dimensional Inspection of Industrial Plant Piping Systems, Automation in Construction, Vol. 91, pp.44-52, 2018.
- Guo, L. and Qiu, J., Combination of Cloud Manufacturing and 3D Printing: Research Progress and Prospect, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, https://d0i.0rg/l0.1007/s00170-018-1717-3
- Baek, D., Cho, S. and Bang, H., Wheel Alignment Inspection by 3D Point Cloud Monitoring, Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol. 28, No.4, pp.1465-1471,2018.
- Rahman, L.F., Ozcolobi, T. and Lukkien, J.J., Understanding IOT System: A Lifecycle Approach, Procedia Computer Science, Vol. 130, pp.1057-1062, 2018.
- Schmidt, B. and Wang, L., Cloud-Enhanced Predictive Maintenance, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 99, pp.5-13, 2018.
Abstract Views: 36
PDF Views: 0