Open Access Subscription Access
Scope and Possibilities of Copper Based Semiconducting Materials in Optoelectronic Applications A Review
In the present work we cultivate various scope and opportunities of Copper (Cu) based semiconducting materials by analysis of 84 different research papers. The objectives of the present work are: Introduce of different Copper (Cu) based semiconducting materials and their merits & de-merits, Different fabrication method regarding different materials according to different authors, Applications and future work based on different materials. From this review paper, beginners who are working on copper (Cu) based materials will gain a lots. Researchers will acknowledge various types of Cu based materials & their different fabrication processes. Apart from this they will also be aware of advantages and disadvantages of various materials & the possible defined problems which will carry out in future work. So beginners who are working on this, will find a convenient path to find a problem regarding future research work on Copper (Cu) based semiconducting material.
Cu Based Semiconducting Materials, Different Fabrication Processes Applications and Future Work.
- Babu B.J., Velumani S., Kassiba A., Asomoza R., Chavez-Carvayar J.A. and Junsin Yi, "Deposition and characterization of graded Cu(In1-xGax)Se2 thin films by spray pyrolysis," Materials Chemistry and Physics, 162, (2015) 59-68, Elsevier.
- Sanal K.C. and Jayaraj M.K., "Development of p-type amorphous Cu1-xBxO2-δ thin films and fabrication of pn hetero junction," Materials Science and Engineering B 185, (2014) 109-113, Elsevier.
- Yul Ho Ok, Ki Ryong Lee, Byung Oh Jung, Yong Hun Kwon and Hyung Koun Cho, "All oxide ultraviolet photodetectors based on a pCu2O film/n-ZnO heterostructure nanowires," Thin Solid Films, 570, (2014) 282-287, Elsevier.
- Kang Min Kim , Shinho Kim, Hitoshi Tampo, Hajime Shibata, Koji Matsubara and Shigeru Niki, "Narrow-bandgap Cu2Sn1-xGexSe3 thin film solarcells," Materials Letters, 158, (2015) 205-207, Elsevier.
- Vanalakar S.A., Agawane G.L., Kamble A.S., Hong C.W., Patil P.S. and Kim J.H., "Fabrication of Cu2SnS3 thin film solar cells using pulsed laser deposition technique," Solar Energy Materials & Solar Cells, 138, (2015)1-8, Elsevier.
- Feng Liu, Jun Zhu , Yi Li, Junfeng Wei, Mei Lv, Yafeng Xu , Li Zhou , Linhua Hu and Songyuan Dai, "Earth-abundant Cu2SnSe3 thin film counter electrode for high efficiency quantum dot-sensitized solar cells" Journal of Power Sources, 292 (2015) 7-14, Elsevier.
- Jifang Qiu, Chengjun Zhu, Jingyu Wang and Qian Liu, "Fabrication of Cu(In, Al)(S, Se)2 films by sulfurization and selenization of cosputtered Cu-In-Al precursors. Materials Letters, 137, (2014)196-199 , Elsevier.
- Sambhaji M. Pawar , Akbar I. Inamdar, Kishor V. Gurav, Seung Wook Shin, Jihye Gwak, Yongcheol Jo, JaeHo Yun, Hisun Pak, Sehan Kwon, Hyungsang Kim, Jin Hyeok Kim and Hyunsik Im, "Fabrication of Cu2ZnSn (SxSe1_x)4 thin film solar cell by single step sulfo-selenization of stacked metallic precursors," Current Applied Physics, 15, (2015) 59-63, Elsevier.
- Fahrettin Yakuphanoglu, "Nanostructure Cu2ZnSnS4 thin film prepared by sol-gel for optoelectronic applications" Solar Energy, 85, (2011) 2518-2523, Elsevier.
- Kondrotas R., Jusk•nas R., Naujokaitis A., Niaura G., Mockus Z., Kanapeckait• S., „echavi…ius B., Juskevi…ius K., Saucedo E. and Sanchez Y., "Investigation of selenization process of electrodeposited Cu-Zn-Sn Precursor for Cu2ZnSnSe4 thin-film solar cells" Thin Solid Films, 589, (2015) 165-172, Elsevier.
- Sheng Liu, Xuebin Wang, Longying Nie, Lijin Chen and Ruo Yuan, "Spray pyrolysis deposition of Cu3BiS3 thin films". Thin Solid Films, 585, (2015) 72-75, Elsevier.
- Xing'ao Li , Qiufei Bai , Jianping Yang, Yongtao Li , Lixia Wang , Haiyun Wang, Shanling Ren , Shengli Liu and Wei Huang, "Effect of N2-gas flow rates on the structures and properties of copper nitride films prepared by reactive DC magnetron sputtering," Vacuum, 89, (2013) 78-81, Elsevier.
- Raghavender A.T., Nguyen HoaHong, Chulkwon Park, Myung-Hwa Jung, Kyu Joon Lee and Daesu Lee, "Effect of annealing conditions on structural and magnetic properties of laser ablated copper ferrite thin films," Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 324, (2012) 1814-1817. Elsevier.
- Erkan Aydin, Mehmet Sankir and Nurdan Demirci Sankir, "Conventional and rapid thermal annealing of spray pyrolyzed copper indium gallium sulfide thin films," Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 615, (2014) 461-468, Elsevier.
- Lugo S., Sánchez Y., Neuschitzer M., Xie H., Insignares-Cuello C., Izquierdo-Roca V., Pena Y. and Saucedo E., "Chemical bath deposition route for the synthesis of ultra-thin CuIn (S, Se)2 based solar cells," Thin Solid Films, 582, (2015) 74-78. Elsevier.
- Songül FiatVarol, EminBacaksiz, Panagiota Koralli, Michael Kompitsas and Güven Çankaya, "A novel nano structured CuIn0.7 Ga0.3(Se0.4Te0.6)2/SLG multinary compounds thin films: For photovoltaic applications." Materials Letters, 142, (2015) 273-276, Elsevier.
- Shuijin Lei, Chunying Wang, Qiang Huang, Lei Liu, Yang Ge , Qingliu Tang, Baochang Cheng, Yanhe Xiao and Lang Zhou," Fabrication of hollow-sphere films of wurtzite CuInS2 on copper substrate", Materials Chemistry and Physics, 143 (2013) 195-202, Elsevier.
- Agilan S., Venkatachalam S., Mangalaraj D., Sa. K. Narayandass, Velumani S., Mohan Rao G. and Vijay P. Singh," Structural and photoelectrical characterization of hot wall deposited CuInSe2 thin films and the fabrication of CuInSe2 based solar cells." Materials Characterization, 58, (2007) 701-707, Elsevier.
- Kajal Jindal, MonikaTomar and Vinay Gupta," CuO thin film based uric acid biosensor with enhanced response characteristics", Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 38, (2012) 11-18, Elsevier.
- Wilman Septina, Shigeru Ikeda, Yuta Iga, Takashi Harada and Michio Matsumura, "Thin film solar cell based on CuSbS2 absorber fabricated from an Electro-chemically deposited metal stack", Thin Solid Films, 550, (2014) 700-704, Elsevier.
- Nagai H., Mita S., Takano I., Honda T. and Sato M., "Conductive and semi-transparent Cu thin film fabricated using molecular precursor solutions", Materials Letters, 141,(2015)235-237, Elsevier.
- Nunes de Carvalho C., Parreira P., Lavareda G., Brogueira P. and Amaral A., " P-type CuxS thin films: Integration in a thin film transistor structure", Thin Solid Films, 543, (2013) 3-6, Elsevier.
- Muhammad Shahid, Muhammad Mazhar, Mohammad A. Malik, Paul O' Brien and James Raftery, "Fabrication of copper-zinc oxide composite thin films from single source precursor by aerosol assisted chemical vapour deposition." Polyhedron, 27, (2008) 3337-3342, Elsevier.
- Yongjian Zhang, Zhengtang Liu, Duyang Zang and Liping Feng, "Structural and optoelectrical properties of Cu-Al-O thin films prepared by magnetron sputtering method". Vacuum, 99, (2014) 160e165, Elsevier.
- Xiaomeng Nie and Yongquan Guo, "Effects of europium substitution for In on structure and photo-electric properties of CuIn1-xEuxTe2". Journal of Solid State Chemistry, 233, (2016)211-216, Elsevier.
- Roy S., Bhattacharjee B., Kundu S.N., Chaudhuri S. and Pal A.K., "Characterization of CuInTe2 thin film synthesized by three source co-evaporation technique," Materials Chemistry and Physics, 77, (2002) 365-376, Elsevier.
- Li Y.Z., Gao X.D., Yanga C. and Huanga F.Q., "The effects of sputtering power on optical and electrical properties of copper selenide thin films deposited by magnetron sputtering", Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 505, (2010) 623-627, Elsevier.
- Riedel I., Riediger J., Ohland J., Keller J., Knipper M., Parisia J., Mainzb R. and Merdes S., "Photo electric characterization of Cu(In,Ga)S2 solar cells obtained from rapid thermal processing at different temperatures", Solar Energy Materials & Solar Cells, 95, (2011) 270-273, Elsevier.
- Najla M. Khusayfan, Ahmed A. Al-Ghamdi and Yakuphanoglu F., "Solar light photodetectors based on nano crystalline copper indium oxide/p-Si heterojunctions", Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 663, (2016) 796-807, Elsevier.
- Liang Wang, BoYang, ZheXia, Meiying Leng, Ying Zhou, Ding-Jiang Xue, Jie Zhong, Liang Gao, Haisheng Song and Jiang Tang," Synthesis and characterization of hydrazine solution processed Cu12Sb4S13 film", Solar Energy Materials & Solar Cells, 144, (2016)33-39, Elsevier.
Abstract Views: 59
PDF Views: 7