Super Speed USB - Improvements and Future Scope
USB 3.0, also called Super Speed USB, is a latest standard aiming at the 'on bus bit rate' of 5Gbps and is backward compatible with earlier USB standards and retains over all topology as it is. USB 3.0 improves the speed of USB 2.0, also called High speed 2.0 drastically by 10 times.
In this paper we will look at the techniques used in Super speed USB to improve the data transfer speed and power efficiency and how it will affect external devices to behave in near future. The paper also presents a brief introduction to USB, a summary of the improvements of USB 3.0 over previous standards 1.0 and 2.0 and USB 3.0 details like its architecture, advancements, features, power management, layer structure and future scope.
- Universal Serial Bus 3.0 Specification – Revision 1.0 – Nov 12 , 2008
- Super Speed USB - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_3.0
- Evann Seary and Mike Kezele – Universal Serial BUS
- Bob Dunston, Intel Corporation – USB 3.0 Architecture Overview
- Super Speed USB - http://www.everythingusb.com/superspeed-usb.html
Abstract Views: 203
PDF Views: 0