Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Estimation of Pesticide Residues in Table Grapes by using Gas and Liquid Chromatography Coupled with Mass Spectrometry
The grapes are being exported in increasing quantities from Maharashtra to European countries and a lot of pesticide inputs are being used by the growers. A total number of 578 grape samples collected from Nasik district during December, 2013 to April, 2014 and analyzed for 167 numbers of multi-class pesticide (Organophosphate, Triazine, Pyrimidine, Triazole, Imidazole, Benzimidazole, Nicotinoid, Substituted thiourea, Strobiluron, Dinitroaniline, Morpholine) residue levels using Liquid Chromatography-Mass spectrometry/Mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) and Gas Chromatography-Mass spectrometry/Mass spectrometry (GC-MS/MS) by using validated methods. Only four samples were free from pesticide residues and rest were contaminated with 1-13 numbers of pesticides residue. During the study different classes of total 41 number of agro-chemicals had been detected and 116 number of samples were failed with residues of 4-Bromo-2-Chlorophenol, Abamectin,Carbendazim, Chlormequat Chloride , Chloropyriphos,Dinocap,Forchlorfenuron, Hexaconazole, Flusilazole, Profenophos, Spinosad, Thiacloprid, Triazophos, Fipronil and Acephate by exceeding their European Union MRLs.
GC-MS/MS, grapes, LC-MS/MS, MRL, Pesticide Residues Analysis.
- Bhanti, M . and Taneja, A. (2005). Monitoring of organochlorine pesticide residues in summer and winter vegetables from Agra, India - a case study. Environ. Monitoring & Assessment, 110: 341–346.
- Dadson, O.A., Ellison, C.A., Singleton, S.T., Chi, L.H., McGarrigle, B.P., Lenin, P.J.,Farahat, F.M., Farahat, T. and Olson, J.R. (2013).Metabolism of profenophos to 4-bromo-2-chlorophenol, a specific and sensitive exposure biomarker. Taxicology, 303: 35-39.
- Freidberg, S. (2003).Cleaning up down South: Supermarkets, Ethical Trade and African Horticulture.Social & Cultural Geography, 4: 27-43.
- Hiremath, S.C., Pujeri, U.S., Pujar, A.S. and Yadawe, M.S. (2010).Status of pesticides residue in grapes of bijapur (Karnataka). Recent Res. Sci. & Technol., 2(2):100-102.
- Jiang, Y.F., Wang, X.T., Jia, Y., Wang, F., Wu, M.H., Sheng, G.Y. and Fu, J.M. (2009).Occurrence, Distribution and Possible Sources of Organochlorine Pesticides in Agricultural Soil of Shanghai, China. J. Hazardous Materials, 170: 989- 997.
- Kaushik Banerjee, Dasharath P. Oulkar, Soma Dasgupta, Shubhangi B. Patil, Sangram H. Patil, Rahul Savant and Pandurang G. Adsule (2007). Validation and uncertainty analysis of a multi-residue method for pesticides in grapes using ethyl acetate extraction and liquid chromatography–tandem mass spectrometry. J. Chromatography A.,1173 : 98–109.
- Krol, W.J., Arsenault, T.L., Pylypiw, H.M. and Incorvia, M. (2000).Reduction of Pesticide Residues on Produce by Rinsing. J. Agric. & Food Chem., 48 : 4666-4670.
- Kumari, B., Madan, V.K., Kumar, R. and Kathpal, T.S. (2002). Monitoring of seasonal vegetables for pesticide residues. Environmental Monitoring & Assessment, 74 : 263–270.
- Manyak, B. and Ajay, T. (2007).Contamination of vegetables of different seasons with organophosphorus pesticides and related health risk assessment in northern India. Chemoshere, 69 : 63-68.
- Quintero, A., Caseiies, M. J., Ettiene, G., de Colmenares, N. G., Ramirez, T. and Medina, D. (2008).Monitoring of organphosphorus pesticide residues in vegetables of agricultural area in Venezuela. Bull. Environ. Contamination & Toxicol., 81 : 393–396.
- Shahi, D.K., Nisha, K. and Sharma, A. (2005).Monitoring of pesticide residues in market vegetable at Ranchi, Jharkhand (India). J. Environ. Sci. & Engg., 47(4): 322–325.
- Srivastava, A.K., Trivedi, P., Srivastava, M.K., Lohani, M. and Srivastava, L.P. (2001).Monitoring of pesticides residue in market basket sample of vegetables from Lucknow, India QuEChERs method. Environ. Monit. Asses., 176: 465-472.
- Wang, L., Yongchao, L. and Xin, J. (2008).Analysis of eight organphosphorus pesticide residues in fresh vegetables retailed in agrictural product market of Nanjing, China. Bull. Environ. Contamination & Toxicol., 81: 377–382.
Abstract Views: 29
PDF Views: 0