Open Access Subscription Access
Open Access Subscription Access
Bio-efficacy of Different Insecticides against Leaf Hopper, Empoasca kerri Pruthi (Cicadellidae: Hemiptera) in Clusterbean
Experiments were conducted during three cosecutive Kharif seasons (2015-17) to study the effect of commercially available insecticides formulations i.e.Acetamaprid 20 % SP (0.4 g/ litre of water), Imidacloprid 17.8 % SL(0.33 ml/ lit.), Quinalphos % 25 EC (2.0 ml/ lit.), Thiamethoxam 25 % WG (0.5 g/ lit.), Neem(Azadirachta indica) oil 2%(20 ml/lit.), Karanj (Pongamia pinnata) oil 2%(20 ml/lit.) against the Jassids, Empoasca kerri Pruthi in Clusterbean. The order of most effective insecticide was: Imidacloprid > Thiamethoxam>Acetamaprid. The maximum population reduction over control after 7 days of second spray was 71.76 and 70.14 per cent due to Imidacloprid,and Thiamethoxam during 2015. The same trend was found in 2016 and 2017. Thus, Imidacloprid wasfound most effective against the Jassids, Empoasca kerri Pruthi (Cicadellidae: Hemiptera).
Acetamaprid, Imidacloprid, Thiamethoxam, Leaf Hopper, Clusterbean.
- Acharya, S.S. (1985).Prices and Price Policy for pulses and cereals. Sukhadia University, Udaipur XVIII+439+A 135 pp.
- Afzal, M., Ahmad, T. and Bashir, M.H. (2002).Relative toxicity of different insecticides against whitefly, Bemisia tabaci (Genn.) and black thrips, Caliothrips indicuson NM-92 mung bean, Vigna radiata(L.). Pakistan J. Agric. Sci., 39 (3): 224-225.
- Anonymous (2015-16). Directorate of economics and statistics, Pant Krishi Bhawan, Jaipur (Rajasthan) India.
- Anonymous (2016- 17). Directorate of Pulses Development, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare (DARE), 2016-17.
- Bhatt, R.K., Jukanti, A.K. and Roy, M.M. (2017). Clusterbean [Cyamopsis tetragonoloba(L.) Taub.], an important industrial arid legume: A review. Legume Res., 40(2): 207-214.
- Chaudhary, Dinesh M., Chaudhary, Mahesh M. and Chaudhary, F.K. (2018). Evaluation of newer insecticidal formulation against sucking pests and effect on yield of soybean (Glycine maxL.). Internat. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci., 7(8): 3834-3840.
- Dodia, D.A., Prajapati, B.G. and Tikka, S.B.S. (2003).Relative bio-efficacy of different insecticides against sucking pests of guar. Proceedings of the National Symposium on Arid Legumes for Food, Nutrition, Security and Promotion of Trade, Hisar, India; 15-16 May 2002. Advances in Arid Legumes Research 445-447.
- Fleming, R. and Retnakaran, A. (1985).Evaluation of single treatment data usingAbott’s formula with reference to insects. Indian J. Economic Zoology, 1985; 78-79.
- Ganapathy, T. and Karuppiah, R. (2004).Evaluation of new insecticides for the management of whitefly (Bemisia tabaci Genn.), Mungbean Yellow Mosaic Virus (MYMV) and Urdbean Leaf Crinkle Virus (ULCV) diseases in Mungbean [Vigna radiata(L.) Wilczek]. Indian J. Plant Protection, 32(1):35-38.
- Henderson, C.F. and Tilton, E.W. (1955).Tests with acaricides against the brow wheat mite. J. Econ. Entomol., 48: 157-161.
- Hussain, S. and Saharia, D. (1994).Linear model for predicting seed loss in green gram due to pod feeders. J. Agric. Sci.Society North-East India, 7: 98-99.
- Jyani, Mukesh, Sharma, Hemant and Meera (2018).An economic analysis of clusterbean in Bikaner district of Rajasthan. Internat. J. Agric. Sci., 10(7) : 5672-5675.
- Kumar, D. (2005).Status and direction of arid legumes research in India. Indian J. Agric. Sci., 75: 375-391.
- Kumar, D. and Rodge, A.B. (2012).Status, scope and strategies of arid legumes research in India: A Review. J. Food Leg., 25: 255-272.
- Kumawal, M.M. and Kumar, A. (2007).Bioefficacy of some novel insecticides against Jassids in Soybean. Pestology, 31(2): 29-32.
- Lal, S.S. and Sachan, L. (1987).Insect pests of mungbean, urdbean, cowpea and pea and their management. Plant Protection in field crops (eds: Veerabadhara Rao, M and Sithanantham, S). Plant Protection Association of India. 185-201.
- Mahalakshmi, M.S., Sreekanth, M., Adinarayana, M. and Rao, Y.K. (2015).Efficacy of some novel insecticide molecules against incidence of whiteflies (Bemisia tabaci Genn.) and occurrence of Yellow Mosaic Virus (YMV) disease in urdbean. Internat. J. Pure & Appl. Biosciences, 3(5):101-106.
- Pachundkar, N.N., Borad, P.K. and Patil, P.A. (2013). Evaluation of various synthetic insecticides against sucking insect pests of clusterbean. Internat. J. Scientific & Res. Publications, 3(8): 2250-3153.
- Punia, A., Yadav, R., Arora, P. and Chaudhary, A. (2009). Molecular and morphophysiological characterization of superior clusterbean (Cyamopsis tetragonoloba) varieties. J. Crop Sci. Biotech., 12: 143-148.
- Raguchander, T., Rajappan, K. and Prabakar, K. (1995). Evaluation of tale based product of Trichoderma virideof the control of blackgram root rot. J. Biological Control, 9: 63-64.
- Raghuraman, M., Birah, Ajanta and Gupta, G.P. (2008). Bioefficacy of Acetamiprid on sucking pests in Cotton. Indian J. Entomol., 70 (4): 319-325.
- Sabahelkheir, M.K., Abdalla, A.H. and Nouri, S.H. (2012). Quality assessment of guar gum (endosperm) of guar (Cyamopsis tetragonoloba). ISCA J. Biol. Sci., 1: 67-70.
- Singh, S.P. (1997).Insect pest management in Forage Crops. Proceeding of Advanced Training Course on Insect Pest Management, 10-29, March 1997, Department of Entomology, CCS Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar. pp. 132-135
- Singh, M., Bairwa, D.K., Dadrwal, B.K. and Chauhan, J. (2014).Relative efficacy of new generation insecticides against sucking insect pests of Green gram. J. Pharmacognosy & Phytochemistry, 8(2): 882-886.
- Suganya, K.S., Karuppuchamy, P., Kuttalam, S. and Sivasamy, N. (2007).Bioefficacy of Acetamiprid 20SP against Aphis gossypii and Amrasca biguttula biguttula in cotton. Ann. Plant Protec. Sci., 15 (1): 15-20.
- Sutaria, V.K., Motka, M.N., Jethva, D.M. and Ramoliya, D.R. (2010). Field efficacy of insecticides against Jassid, Empoasca kerri (Pruthi) in Soybean. Ann. Plant Protec. Sci., 18 (1): 94-97.
- Swaminathan, R., Hussain, T. and Bhati, K.K. (2007). Influence of crop diversity on host preference by major insect pests of Kharifpulses. Indian J. Appl. Entomol., 21: 59-62.
- Tripathy, S. and Das, M.K. (2013).Guar gum: present status and applications. J. Pharm. Scientific Innov., 2 : 24-28.
- Vidhyasekaran, P. and Muthamilan, M. (1995).Development of formulation of Pseudomonas fluorescens for the control of chickpea wilt. Plant Disease, 79 : 782-786.
- Yadav, S.R., Kumawat, K.C. and Khinchi, S.K. (2015). Efficacy of new insecticide molecules and bioagents against sucking insect pests of clusterbean, Cyamopsis tetragonoloba(Linn.) Taub. Legume Res., 38 (3): 407-410.
Abstract Views: 29
PDF Views: 0