Open Access Subscription Access
Shifting of Built up Environment:A Paradigm for Historical Town Chandernagore, Hoogley, West Bengal
This research paper is an attempt to identify the way in which the housing of the Chandernagore town is changing over the period of time. Chandernagore town was a French colony from 17th century to mid-20th century. But after independence that classical Dalan houses and joint family culture had been lost and after the new economy policy of 1990s the traditional housing had been replaced by new set of built up environment which consisted of flat and apartment making. But after the introduction of 21stcentury, the flat and apartment culture has become a significant and powerful content of urbanism of Chandernagore city.
Built up environment, Colony, Hooghly.
- Aggarwal, S.K. and Nath, V. (2007), India Urbanization, Urban Development and Metropolitan cities in
- Garcia, A. and Lydon, M. (2015). Tactical Urbanism
- Hallberg, L. (2010). Introduction to a new book about Health, Lifestyle and Health Promotion
- Scanton, T. (1978). Neighbourhood Geography
- Sen, S. (1 Jan, 2012). History of Chandernagore
Abstract Views: 0
PDF Views: 0