Open Access Subscription Access
Estimating the Religious Profile of Haryana:Observation of Sensus Evidences
The belief or faith in God has remained an imperative issue of the study primarily in the social sciences because of the responsive spirit of the society as well as defined in copious ways. It is a matter of one’s own trust in deity and its composition is an important determinant of demographic as well as societal behavior. It is not amazing that despite of being a land of great multitudes, having various social order and commune connection, linguistic and cultural specification, as well as immense geographical span, the Indian society has eternal consensus with its fundamental time-honored principles. The study tries to analyses the religious composition of state Haryana with respect to secondary data of religion, census years of 2001 and 2011. Though the state greets to every religion yet Hindu religion has its dominance in the society with almost homogeneous prevalence.
Imperative, Deity, Religious Composition, Cultural Specification, Homogeneous.
- Census of India (2011): Populations by Religious Communities. Registrar General & Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Governement of India.
- Elizabeth A. C. (2014): The Impact of Religion on Minority Identity and Community: A Case Study of Russian Orthodoxy And The Russian Minority In Estonia, Ph.D. Thesis, University of Tartu, European College, p 7.
- Global Religious Futures, (2012): The Global Religious Landscape: A Report on the Size and Distribution of the World’s Major Religious Groups as of 2010. Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life, Published by Pew Research Center, Washington, D.C. p. 9
- International Religious Freedom Report (2015): Annual United States Congressional Report on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF), Published by United Nation Organization, Washington DC.
- Kalsekar, R.(2015): Social Institutions, in edited book Key to Sociology, Horizon Books, Techmiracle Book Publication, p. 127
- Kothari R. (1998): Communalism in Indian Politics, Rainbow Publishers, p. 134.
- Krishnaswami, A. (1960): Study of Discrimination in the Matter of Religious Rights and Practices. Second Series Report by Sub- Commission on Prevention of Discrimination and Protection of Minorities with Commission on Human Rights and the Economic and Social Council, Catalogue No. 60. XIV. 2, United Nations Publication, New York. pp 1-2.
- Nath, B. K and Nath, D. C. (2012): The Change of Religion and Language Composition in the State of Assam in Northeast India: A Statistical Analysis Since 1951 to 2001. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Vol. 2 (5),pp 1-6
- Religion Primary Census Abstract (2001 &2011), Directorate of the Census Operations, Haryana Census of India.
- Religion in India (2016): Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_India
- Zhao, H. (2015): Spatio-Temporal Analyses of Religious Establishments in China: A Case Study of Zhejiang Province, A Master of Arts thesis submitted to Kent State University, China.
Abstract Views: 0
PDF Views: 0