Open Access Subscription Access
The Commonwealth and Republic of India:An Analysis of the Principal of Sovereignty with respect to Freedom and Independence in Legal and Political Terms
This paper examines the relationship between the Commonwealth and Republic of India by analyzing the principle of sovereignty with respect to freedom and independence in legal and political terms. Various concepts like monarchy, sovereignty, empire, dominions, commonwealth, and republic are analyzed in order to make sense of this relationship. Also discussed are some of the problems regarding the concept of sovereignty in relation to the Constitution of India.
Constitution of India, Commonwealth, Sovereignty, State, Crown, Empire, India.
- from http://parliamentofindia.nic.in/ls/debates/facts.htm
- Burke, Jason. (September 26, 2010). “Commonwealth Games: row brews over opening ceremony.” The Guardian. Retrieved October 25, 2017 from
- Queen Victoria. Wikipedia. Retrieved October 24, 2017 from ttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_of_India#cite_note-13
- What is Empire? The Law Dictionary. Retrieved October 24, 2017 from
- What is Dominion? The Law Dictionary. Retrieved October 24, 2017 from http://thelawdictionary.org/dominion/
Abstract Views: 0
PDF Views: 0